Head Chef - Clitheroe
Head Chef - The Three Fishes, Clitheroe
Expansion plans and refurbishments will ensure that Ribble Valley Inns continues to be a leader in the industry. We are currently looking for an experienced Head Chef to join The Three Fishes!
If you have the attributes to lead a kitchen to an even higher level, we need to hear from you and with hard work, flair and commitment you can be part of something very special.
The successful candidate will:
- Have proven track record as a Head or Sous chef in similar quality environment
- Will have experience in working with high volume
- Be passionate about delivering high quality, seasonal food
- Be able to effectively manage, motivate and lead a team
- Have the ability to develop a team enhancing the skill level of the brigade
- Be a clear communicator and enjoy being part of a team
In return we offer:
- Professional benefits Competitive remuneration package
- An environment that will enable you to develop your product knowledge and skills
- On and off the job training with a structured career development
- The opportunity to work in award winning business and with some of the best professionals in the industry
- Career development and progression – 50% of our current management team progressed internally through management development schemes
- Learning and development opportunities – we will support you to ensure you reach your full potential
- Competitive pay – we ensure that our remuneration package remains competitive by keeping in touch with the employment market and rewarding on merit and performance
- Monthly staff gratuity distribution scheme
- Provision of chef’s whites
- Personal benefits Auto-enrollment pension (must qualify for this in line with legislation)
- Discounted private healthcare
- Death in service benefit of twice salary
- Company Sick Pay Scheme – we offer a generous sick pay scheme in addition to statutory entitlement to sick pay after two years service
- Increased Holiday Entitlement – To give the very best to your job, you need to take time out to recharge your batteries. Northcote recognises this by offering a generous holiday entitlement of 28 days per year which increases with length of service to a maximum of 33 days
- Live-in accommodation locally
- Great location, easy access to London (2hr 10min) from Preston. Manchester 40 min drive. Lake District 40 min drive.
- Childcare Vouchers
- Company Discount Card – entitles employees to 25% off food and drink at all our locations
- Fantastic food / meals on duty
- Hospitality Action’s Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Plus Many More
If this sounds like the next challenge you have been waiting for, apply now
- Kitchen Management Running a kitchen team, coordinating the working day as a team, allocating tasks to the entire team, giving timescales for work to be completed and ensuring completed to a high level.
- Mange the team during the working day ensuring speed, accuracy and quality.
- Quality Control Deliveries
- Current Stock
- Product as being produced by team (need them to constantly check with you anything they are producing)Ensure systems are in place to monitor this.
- Staff Management Complete staff rotas for 4 weeks in advance.
- Motivate the team.
- Train to be as flexible and competent on all tasks. Allocate responsibilities in line with ability.
- Budget / Cost responsibilities
- Cost effective buying.
- Ensure kitchen running to GP
- Check GP figures on a weekly basis with GM.
- Cost specials accurately.
- Monitor impact of changes in supplier/produce and costs in relation to GP for dishes
- Control quality of product