Junior Sous Chef - Studland
Junior Sous Chef - Pig on the Beach - Studland, Dorset
About the role…
At THE PIG on the beach we are currently looking for a highly organised creative and reliable Junior Sous Chef.
As Junior Sous you will need to be passionate about producing simple modern British food, using seasonal and sustainable ingredients. A role like no other you will be working with a menu that is influenced by the kitchen garden and coast which can change by the minute. The kitchen is one of the busiest in our group throughout the year, the junior sous will need to maintain and motivate the team within this environment.
Due to the number of covers and fast paced nature of our kitchen chefs typically work four days on three days off.
Where possible we aim to promote from within and with new openings on the horizon there are plenty of opportunities to progress your career.
Experience in a similar environment and level is essential.
What we give you…
In return for your hard work you can expect something a bit different:
- Genuine personal, tailored development
- Working in a business that cares – be it people, guests, food, sustainability or the environment
- Craft training with our 25-mile menu
- Our highly-praised Apprentice scheme
- Training on anything from bee keeping to helicopter landing skills and everything else in between
- Access to leading hoteliers and hospitality entrepreneurs to develop your career and keep it interesting
- Placements across hotels, departments, even a ski season or on a super yacht
- Budding Entrepreneur programme, which can provide you with the skills needed to run our hotels, and maybe one day your own.
- Wide range of recognised qualifications and development opportunities to further your career
Plus everything else you would expect, competitive salary, holidays, great staff rates and much more.
About the hotel...
THE PIG-on the Beach is located just above Studland Bay, Dorset, one of the most stunning beaches in England with dramatic views of Old Harry Rocks and the Jurassic Coast.
It is more than a boutique hotel, THE PIG-on the Beach is an award-winning restaurant with rooms, with an obsessive commitment to home grown and local produce. Uncomplicated and simple British garden food, true to the micro seasons with the emphasis squarely on fresh, clean flavours. We have a further commitment to our 25 mile menu - whereby some 85% of fresh ingredients are sourced in the local area.
If you like what you have read , and are ready for a new challenge, then our award-winning hotel is waiting to hear from you! So please get in touch and send your CV.