Head Chef - Milton Keynes
Head Chef - The Black Horse, Milton Keynes
Rewards and Benefits
- Partnership options
- Fun and Professional work environment
- Write your own menus
- Christmas day off
- 70% off when you eat in any Peach Pub
- Peach Pathway – role specific training program
- Quarterly Management training and inspiration days
- Support and encouragement to ensure you achieve your goals, ambitions, awards and qualifications – opportunity to be invited to become one of our Ultimate (senior) HC’s
- Funded compliance training
- Free food on shift
- Peach Adventure Days, learning more about The Good Stuff we serve e.g. Jimmy Butlers Pigs, Scallop fishing, Laverstoke Mozzarella
- Performance related incentives, for you and your team
- Flexibility to move within the group
- Invite to Peach Fest, our yearly Team Festival, with live music, DJ’s food and drink, fancy dress and camping
- Invite to Peach Summer House – a 2 day trip abroad with other GM’s, Head Chefs and partners (past visits have included Prague and Barcelona)
- Child Care Vouchers
Outline of Role Expectations
As Head Chef you will be accountable for all areas of the kitchen. You’ll be creative and passionate about food and relish the opportunity to work with great seasonal produce and highest quality ingredients from across the UK. As a natural leader you’ll inspire and manage the more junior members of the team and will be organised in your approach to their development.
As well as motivating the kitchen team, you will enthuse and share your knowledge during Front of House daily briefings. In line with our culture and with a number of open kitchens throughout Peach, you’ll have the ability to stay calm when the pressure mounts.
We expect high standards in all our kitchens so you’ll be able to demonstrate full knowledge of a wide range of cooking methods as expected at this level and be confident creating premium dishes and executing daily specials.
Here’s a taste of our ‘Food Rules’ and some of our Food Heroes to give a better understanding of Peach:
- We believe in Honest Plates of Food that are pleasing to the eye. Dishes that show the skill, care & pride that went into it.
- We run busy Gastropubs, serving lots of dishes at pace. That means three or four good things, not ten processes. Keep it simple and do it well.
- Our Heroes: Rowley Leigh, Simon Hopkinson, Peter Gordon, Yotam Ottolenghi, Gary Rhodes, Raymond Blanc, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall Jamie Oliver & Tom Kerridge
Day to day:
- Negotiating with suppliers and driving quality, and strengthen relationships
- Produce menus to standard, running the kitchen to holding the brigade to account
- Organise and hold meetings for team, good communicator and inspirer
- Using food and cleaning order sheets to avoid running of or accumulating stock
- Demonstrate understanding of seasons
- Writing of specials
- Understanding of food cost and achievement of GP
- Ensure HACCAP and all legal documents are accurate and up to date
- Ability to write rota to ensure staffing levels are correct and wage cost is achieved
- Ensure an organised kitchen, with accurate MEP sheets
- Knowledge of relevant kitchen language, ingredients cost and selling price
- Live the Peach Values
In Peach we believe Great Hosting and Serving the Good Stuff is an art and we strive to achieve that every day in all of our pubs, we want to be the best place in town.
Whether you are kick starting your career in Hospitality or perfecting the skills you already have, Peach is the place for you.
We have won ‘Best Employers in Hospitality’ 5 years in a row and were voted 45th in The Time Top 100 Best Employers 2017, as voted by our teams, so we must be doing something right!
It’s a Peachy World. Together we work hard, play hard and share the rewards.