Health & Fitness Instructor - Leeds
Health & Fitness Instructor - Health Central, Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth
REPORTS TO: Club Manager
LIAISON WITH: Deputy Club Manager, Hotel Operations Manager, Group Administration
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Leisure / Health Club
- Provide a robust Health & Fitness offering to members and guests to promote and support behavioral change in achieving fitness goals and the benefits of healthy living.
- Maintain the Club in a tidy, clean and presentable condition at all times.
Product & Operations
- The Club should be presented in the appropriate condition at all times ensuring the appropriate daily, weekly and monthly checks are being completed.
- Screen all potential Club users using company approved procedures relating to the MRM Plus2 Membership System and Health Commitment Statement (HCS)
- Conduct and manage the company approved Quick Start, Kick Start and Sure Start fitness programmes with a view of promoting member behaviour change and maximising Personal Training.
- Support the Club Management Team in the delivery of a Group Exercise programme suitable for the Clubs demographic and requirements that meet the member’s needs and maintains brand standards.
- Support the Club Management Team in the control of daily, weekly and monthly management processes in line with Company Policy and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Form close working relationships with your fellow colleagues to maximize the Clubs offering.
- Look to create a can-do attitude with your fellow colleagues to maximise the Clubs opportunity to perform at the very best standard at all times.
- Support the Club Management Team in achieving Club revenue and profit targets in line with company budget.
- Support the Club Management Team in populating the Clubs KPI’s for submission to Director of Leisure and Group Operations Manager on a weekly basis.
- Support the Club Management Team in populating the Clubs Membership Administration Tracker for submission to Group Operations Manager as specified.
- Undertake cash handling duties including afternoon/evening cash via MRM Plus2 Membership System and submit to Hotel finance.
- Daily float checks to be completed in line with company policy and recorded accordingly.
- Comply with Hotel/Club rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook.
- Comply with company grooming, appearance and uniform standards.
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training and development programmes to maximise your opportunities for self-development.
- Maintain the appropriate attitude to manage your Team and maximise Member/Guest experience.
- Embrace and implement our atHOME programme where ‘We treat every member as a guest in our home’
H - HAPPY & HELPFUL: We aim to make their day by being Happy & Helpful.
O - OPPORTUNITY TO INTERACT: We look for every Opportunity for positive interaction with our guests.
M - MOTIVATING: We motivate and inspire our members to achieve their personal goals.
E - ENGAGING & ENJOYABLE: We’re engaging and aim to make every visit an enjoyable one for our guests.
- Support the Club Management Team to implement actions communicated from Director of Leisure and Group Operations Manager in relation to central marketing plans to drive New Member Sales and Membership Headcount.
- Support the Club Management Team in relation to local marketing initiatives provided by Hotel General Manager and Sales Manager to drive New Member Sales, Membership Headcount and the Clubs position in the community.
- Support the Club Management Team in maintaining the MRM Plus2 enquiry/prospect system in line with company policy and SOP to fully utilise data capture and follow up.
- Support the Club Management Team in maintaining the MRM Plus2 membership system in line with company policy and SOP to fully support member retention and secondary revenue lines.
- Support the Club Management Team in maintaining retention levels utilising company SOP’s, Retention Tools and atHOME programme.
- Support the Club Management Team in driving secondary revenue lines and activities in club (including Health & Beauty, Sports Retail, Food & Beverage, Personal Training) ensuring that effective and appropriate marketing, promotion, sales and after care are evident.
Health & Safety
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses logged accordingly in line with company process in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the Club Management Team where applicable.
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to operational, maintenance or facility equipment issues and escalate through the appropriate channels if applicable.
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to pool plant maintenance and operational best practice to maximise pool water hygiene in both pool and spas in accordance with company SOP.
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to Health & Safety at all times and support the Club Management Team relating to the Sustainable Safety Group (SSG) audit.
- Remain vigilant at all times promoting safe use of all facilities by members and guests in conjunction with Club Rules.
- Support the Club Management Team with the daily, weekly and monthly administration of the Club in line with company process.
- Comply with the company’s code of conduct at all times.
- Perform tasks at the level of the role as directed by the Club Management Team in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Demonstrate a desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
- Demonstrate an ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
- Represent the club and broader company in a suitably professional manner at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Hold or working towards a recognised Health & Fitness Industry Qualification (Essential)
- Hold or working towards a recognised Pool Water Safety Qualification of Pool Responder or Higher (Desirable)
- Hold or working towards a recognised First Aid at Work Qualification (Desirable)
- Hold or working towards a recognised Register of Exercise Professional Certificate of Level 3 or Above (Essential)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar Health & Fitness Instructor Role.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a College or University Environment working towards a Fitness Qualification.
- Outgoing Personality
- Team Player
- Receptive to Change
THE ABOVE FORMS THE KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS ROLE BUT IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT DUTIES MAY CHANGE OVER TIME AND THE JOB-HOLDER WILL BE EXPECTED TO CO-OPERATE WITH REASONABLE CHANGES AS REQUIRED.