Bar Manager - Cirencester
Bar Manager(s) - The Swan Hotel, Cirencester
Responsible to: Food & Beverage Manager / Deputy General Manager / General Manager
Scope & General Purpose: To consistently achieve product and service delivery standards, driving standards forward and constantly striving to ultimately exceed customer expectations.
- To act as a part of the management team and undertake duty management as requested.
- To be fully converse with the bar(s) operation and to efficiently manage the operation of all shifts.
- To promote a helpful and professional image to the customer and give full co-operation to any customer requiring assistance, with a prompt, caring and helpful attitude.
- To strive to anticipate customer needs whenever possible to enhance quality service and customer satisfaction.
- To give full co-operation to any colleagues requiring assistance in a prompt, caring and helpful manner.
- To perform all tasks to a consistent standard as detailed within the department and to operate within brand and hotel key standards.
- To be flexible in assisting around different areas of the hotel in response to business and customer needs.
- To attend training sessions when required and to operate in line with the training or information received.
- To attend briefing sessions and hotel/departmental meetings when required.
- To assist the General Manager in identifying recruitment needs and planning the labour resource.
- To take responsibility for all departmental induction training and on the job training of new members of staff and also newly promoted staff.
- To give quality training and coaching in a systematic and professional way to ensure consistent delivery of product and service standards.
- To create an environment promoting staff morale and encourages employees to have a pride in the area and their skills ensuring maximum efficiency.
- To appraise employees in the department using the guidelines provided.
- To address development needs identified from appraisal and to maximise use of the areas of strength.
- To positively promote sales awareness within the department and maximise sales opportunities.
- To control all operating costs within the standards set under the direction of the General Manager.
- To ensure safety of the working environment in the department is maintained.
- To identify and report hazards and maintenance requirements in the workplace and follow up through the General Manager to ensure zero defects.
- To comply with statutory and legal requirements for first aid, fire, health & safety, food hygiene and licensing, and to check that members of the team are also aware of these requirements and are working in accordance with these requirements.
- To undertake any other duties as and when required by senior management.
The responsibilities in the Job Description are subject to change from time to time to reflect the changes in business requirements.