Assistant School Leisure and Sports Manager - Stockton
Assistant School Leisure and Sports Manager - London
Job Purpose: To assist the SLSM Manager co-ordinate, manage and develop community lettings sales programmes across SLS partner schools
Responsible to: SLSM Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Basic salary £17k per annum plus performance bonuses
Benefits: Company phone, laptop, mileage allowance, flexible working hours, training opportunities
SLS was founded by Paul Andrews and Scott Warrington who together have over 20 years experience of managing facilities and delivering community programmes on behalf of schools, colleges and academies.
The aim was simple – to allow schools to make more of their facilities and help provide local communities with access to high quality sport, education and leisure opportunities on school sites. Partnership, quality and innovation are three key aspects of our work and we are passionate and proud to be involved in improving and developing communities with our partner schools.
Job Description- Assisting the current manager to complete the below tasks:
- Taking facility lettings bookings, dealing with enquiries and following up potential leads
- Marketing the facilities, maximising usage and therefore income, finding potential new business and leads using a variety of tools including social media, meetings, emails, internet searches, local newspapers, local community venues, other centres etc.
- Creating and distributing weekly staff rotas and lettings planners in accordance with facility bookings.
- Day to day management of school leisure assistants ensuring their compliance with all SLS policies and procedures.
- Carrying out day to day administrative roles i.e. emails, telephone calls, invoicing, information distribution etc.
- Covering Community Sport and Leisure Staff during periods of sickness absence, annual leave and periods of staff-shortage.
- In relation to the point above, occasional lifting/movement of equipment (both sport/leisure and exam desks, tables and chairs) and light-touch cleaning as and when required.
- Interviewing and appointing Sport and Leisure staff and delivering staff inductions, training and appraisals.
- Carrying out regular quality checks and monitoring procedures – often to be carried out during evening and weekend periods.
- Responsible for achieving high standards of customer service/satisfaction.
- Assisting with developing comprehensive community lettings programmes for all partner schools.
- Assisting with facilitating projects and events at all partner schools during lettings periods.
- Attending local meetings to increase the awareness of school community lettings programmes and facility letting opportunities.
- Regularly travelling between several school sites and meetings.
- Adhering to the company Lone Working Policy, including monitoring those who are wearing and utilising the lone worker device provided by the company.
- Managing a combination of office-based and home working.
- Achieving targets and objectives as set-out by the Schools Manager.
- Preparing for and attending regular performance meetings.
- Being available on-call during all lettings periods to deal with emergency issues or incidents that occur at school sites.
- Any other duties deemed suitable by the Company Directors, commensurate with the salary and title of the post.
Apply for Assistant School Leisure and Sports Manager - Stockton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly