Lifeguard - Milton Keynes
Super Camps run activity day camps in the school holidays for children aged 3 – 14 years, and we pride ourselves on delivering exciting camps that children love and parents trust. As the leading provider in this field our fun-packed camps are located in over 80 venues nationwide where our reputation for high quality childcare depends on the utmost professionalism and hard work of our on-camp staff.
If you would like an exciting challenge within a fun and rewarding environment we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Camp Manager, the Specialist Instructor (Lifeguard) will have specific skills and qualifications as a Lifeguard (NPLQ certificate) and will be responsible for continually maintaining safety in and around the pool.
- Risk assess and manage poolside safety before, after and during all swim sessions
- Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure the children in your care have fun in a safe environment
- Deliver a variety of activities with structure and enthusiasm whilst encouraging the maximum participation of the children
- Assess the swimming ability of new children
- Ensure that the pastoral needs of the children in your care are well-catered through active supervision and care
- Manage the exchange of relevant information regarding the children to their parents
- Demonstrate continuous respect for the host venue and Super Camps resources through adhoc duties such as cleaning and kit maintenance
It is essential that candidates:
- Are over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK
- Have an up-to-date NPLQ certificate
- Are highly motivated and responsible individuals who are able to demonstrate a mature and professional attitude to their employment
- Are highly organised with superb communication skills and an enthusiastic approach to the role
- Are able to flexibly adapt to effectively deal with sometimes unpredictable challenges within the childcare industry
It is highly desirable that candidates:
- Can supply evidence of current training log (within 60 days) though an assessment can be arranged
- Have relevant experience working within the childcare industry and are capable of leading a group of children
- Hold a previous DBS check
- Have knowledge and previous training in safeguarding and child protection
Salary: Up to £15 per hour
Selection & Appointment Process: Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a telephone interview and if selected will be required to complete the Super Camps pre-camp training programme. All appointments are subject to satisfactory training attendance, references and DBS Status.
Super Camps is committed to safe practice in recruitment and selection that includes consideration of issues to do with child protection, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All staff will be expected to complete a DBS check if they do not already have one meeting company requirements, and supply us with references.
At Super Camps we strongly believe in respect and equal treatment for all persons regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, marital status, civil partnership status, colour, nationality, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation or physical ability. We insist that this respect is applied in every aspect of our business and in how we conduct ourselves.