Duty Manager - Burnham-on-Sea
Pontins, Brean Sands
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Duty Manager
Reporting to: Operations Manager
- As Duty Manager you will be responsible for maintaining consistent standards of service and ensuring guest satisfaction while creating a work environment that supports organisational values.
- To promote all hotel facilities to guests and potential customers, participate in new ideas for new promotions and to be responsible for show rounds whenever the sales and personnel department are not around.
- To monitor standards of service utilizing staffing levels and giving assistance accordingly and to liaise with relevant Heads of Departments when the department is not performing to standards.
- To deal with customer complaints correctly and as efficiently as possible, following them up and maintain when possible, contact with the guest upon their next stay in the hotel.
- To observe and comply with health and safety regulations at all times.
- Support any department whenever needed.
- Attend and hold meetings and work closely with all Heads of Departments as a team.
- Maintain and hold meetings and work closely with all HODs as a team.
- Maintain a proactive attitude towards all staff in various departments and represent the company in order to project the best image and high level of standards.
The candidate must be able to:
- Minimum 6 months experience as a duty manager would be of advantage
- Excellent communication.
- Self motivator who can develop, maintain and supervise a team.
- Able to relate to and respond effectively to customer needs.
- Proven record of developing and controlling effective teams.
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.