Duty Manager - Scarborough
The Royal Scarborough Hotel
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Duty Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Role Objective: You will be responsible for maintaining consistent standards of service and ensuring guest satisfaction while creating a work environment that supports organizational values.
- To promote all hotel facilities to guests and potential customers.
- To monitor standards of service utilizing staffing levels and giving assistance accordingly
- To deal with customer complaints correctly and as efficiently as possible.
- To observe and comply with health and safety regulations at all times.
- Attend and hold meetings, work closely with all Heads of Departments.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to do other duties as and when required.
The candidate must be able to:
- Minimum 6 months experience as a duty manager would be of advantage
- Self-motivator who can develop, maintain and supervise a team.
- Able to relate to and respond effectively to customer needs.
- Proven record of developing and controlling effective teams.
- Experience using Opera software would be advantageous.
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Meals on duty (Subject eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.