Assistant Night Manager - London
Assistant Night Manager - London
Place of Work: Devonshire Club
Responsible To: Rooms Division Manager
Responsible For: Evening Receptionist, Evening Concierge, Night Housekeeping Porter, Night Room Service Attendant, Night Security
Scope and General Purpose of Job:
As the Assistant Night Manager you are the custodian of our brand and vision acting as an expert and guide for all guests and colleagues. Your knowledge and performance is essential in lining up your Front Office Team for success, managing hotel operations in the absence of Hotel Manager and building lasting relationships with our guests.
In your role you will represent the Rooms Management during the night and assist Rooms Division Manager in all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, staffing and payroll in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Supporting and leading all members of Front Office working during evening and night shift as well as Night Security, Night Housekeeping Porter and Night Room Service Attendant, you will enforce the standards, procedures and manage the hotel operations at night in line with Food and Beverage Duty Manager to provide luxurious and outstanding guest experience.
- Consider guest experience and satisfaction in everything you and the team do to delived an outstanding experience, take your time to understand, engage and recognise our guests;
- Ensure proffessional and joyful welcome of all guests whilst standards of reception operations being met at all times;
- Direct and oversee hotel operations during night shift to ensure guest satisfaction and safety with close cooperation with Food and Beverage Duty Manager to fulfill any requirements they might have;
- Inform overnight staff of activities, events, arrivals and departures as well as any special requests; Handing over and condicting morning breifings to Front Office Duty Managers and day shift Front Office staff;
- Drive additional revenue for the business by implementing and evaluating various schemes including upselling, suite incentive, cross-selling and continuously achieve set targets;
- Perform reception and concierge duites after the day shift has finished and run the night audit;
- Ensure the successful and precise completion of the night audit and prepara all requested daily reports
- Prepare all financial and operations reports as stated in procedures with detailed eye and extreme accuracy;
- Conduct property showrounds and take every opportunity of promoting the club and membership services with referal of any potential members to the membership team;
- Perform each duty by the Club concept and be an expert in all services offered;
- Assist with all hotel operations including other departments whenever required;
- Execute any reasonable inctruction from your Manager.
- Elegant and knowledgable role model;
- Joyful and welcoming host;
- Sophisticated and proactive guide;
- Engaging and creative problem solver;
- Approchable and emphatic manager;
- Confident and empowered leader.
Laws, Regulations and Policies
- Ensure the property is compliant with all fire and safety regulations and the licenses are kept at all times;
- Enforce all fire-life-safety procedures whenever needed and work in line with security to ensure healthy and safe environment for all guests and colleagues;
- Ensure all business data is accurate and mantained according to standards in the property management system:
- Respect the company credit policy at all times by you and the team (revenue, payment processing, cashiering and cash handling);
- Ensure the Reception is fully compliant with PCI regulations;
- Maintain and keep training records for Front Office Team, ensure all colleagues know the procedures and work by them, schedule further trainings and cross-trainings whenever required.
People Management or Communication
- Manage and monitor activities of all colleagues working at night making sure that they adhere to the standards of excellence and follow company procedures and standards at all times;
- Maintain high morale and productivity of the team as well as good cooperation and comunication between the departments;
- Constantly train and develop colleagues on the job, be responsible for induction and training plan for all new Front Office starters, share your expertise and experience incorporating brand vision and Club (LQA) standards;
- Assist Rooms Division Manager with recruitment, team development, performance reviews and appraisals;
- Manage all manpower during shift to maximise and make sure all duties are completed timely and efficiently;
- Treat Club as your home, guests as your friends and colleagues as family and display positive and attitude at in everything you do.