Assistant Front of House Manager - Tring
Assistant Front of House Manager - Champneys Health Resort Tring
REPORTS TO: FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER
RESPONSIBLE FOR: SUPPORTING WITH THE MANAGEMENT OF RECEPTIONISTS AND PORTERS
Champneys is a destination health spa chain with resorts and day spas located in the English counties of Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire and Hampshire.
The Assistant Front of House (FOH) Manager will ensure high levels of customer service and standards are delivered consistently at Reception while supporting the management of the Front Office team on a daily basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist with implementation of service standards for reception ensuring a high and consistent level of service is given to all guests.
- To assist with implementing training and coaching of the service standards to Front Office team.
- To ensure service to guests is engaging and proactive.
- To ensure that arrivals are managed smoothly, efficiently and with high levels of customer care and that the correct registration procedure is adhered to.
- To review customer satisfaction levels in Front Office and action issues from feedback promptly.
- To ensure current brand standards are delivered consistently e.g. Check-in / Check-out, Premier Guests, Arrival Procedures, Voucher sales.
- Posting of charges, receiving payments, issuing receipts and the correct usage of the PDQ machine following company accounting guidelines.
- Ensure that checking guests out on departure, client accounts are settled in full, robe controls maintained and guest satisfaction is checked.
- Reviewing paperwork for future arrivals, making sure the information on the registration card is correct, pre-payment made and allocations match the guest’s requirements.
- Communicating with the guests, checking satisfaction, resolving conflicts and coaching the team to improve departmental hospitality performance.
- Carry out general administration duties including filing, photocopying to fulfil the departmental needs. Keep debtors accounts to an absolute minimum.
- To support corporate business opportunities within the resort, for room business and spa business and other corporate sales activities in the resort.
- To ensure all staff have an understanding of the telephone system, accepting external and internal calls and transferring to correct departments and guests’ rooms.
- To ensure all staff are able to balance the banking at the end of the shift.
- Liaise with housekeeping regarding additional arrivals, departures and room moves. Liaise with other departments on all relevant information that may affect guest satisfaction.
- Attend training courses as required.
- To ensure rotas are completed on the Fourth People System ensuring adequate staff numbers to meet the demands of the business to deliver expected service standards in FOH.
- Cost out rotas to meet the budgeted requirements.
- To assist with establishing targets and objectives for Front OF House team and review on a 6 monthly basis, providing coaching and direction as necessary.
- To ensure FOH team is communicated to with all company policies and procedures.
- To assist the FOH Manager with recruiting, managing, training and performance of all staff within the department to Champneys high standards which includes absence controls and conducting hearings when required in line with Champneys policies.
- In the absence of the FOH Manager ensure company communication is passed to all employees.
- Updating the Fourth People System in relation to absences.
- Deputising in the absence of the FOH Manager in day-to-day responsibilities including reviewing the department’s payroll as per the timetable and reporting any deviations to the General Manager.
- Attend and contribute to any meetings as required.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Comply with all Company Policy and Procedures
- Complete any other reasonable duties as requested by the Senior Management Team.
- Undertaking Duty Manager responsibilities on a rota basis.
- NVQ in Hospitality or similar preferable but not essential
- Customer service experience essential
- Hotel or spa experience preferable
- Team leader experience advantageous
- Handling money
- Excellent communication for both internal and external contacts
- First class customer service
- Team worker
- Attention to detail and able solve queries with billing
- Ability to motivate and lead team members
- Problem solving in relation to dealing with guests
- Great attention to personal presentation, eye contact, body language and interaction.
Knowledge and Understanding
- Resort suite computer system – training can be given
- Have knowledge of the type of stays available and special offers that are running, communicating them to the team.
- Can-do attitude with desire to provide first class service
- Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays subject to rota as well as a willingness and ability to extend of change hours and days of work from time to time upon request and subject to operational requirements.
We offer industry competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, which includes:
- Contracted 28 days / shifts annual holiday including bank holidays, which increases with service.
- Generous staff discount in the Champney’s boutique and retail offer.
- Employee and family member discount for mid-week residential breaks at Champneys resorts.
- Complimentary staff spa facility day on successful completion of probationary period.
- Subsidised meals whilst on duty.
- Discounted Champneys Club Membership.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Participation in Wider Wallet shopping discount scheme.
- Option to join private healthcare scheme.
- Training and development opportunities.
Some restrictions or variations may apply depending on resort, role and length of service. Our benefits package is subject to review from time to time.