Demi Chef de Partie - St Albans
Demi Chef de Partie - Sopwell House Hotel
Full time position
Salary: £22,000 gross per annum (depending on experience)
Sopwell House enables our guests to escape from it all whilst still being within easy reach of London. With 128 stylish bedrooms and suites including 16 Mew Apartments, exceptional service, delicious food and our opulent Spa, it is why Sopwell House has established itself as one of the leading Hotels and Spas in Hertfordshire. Sopwell House continues to invest in its products and services and following the recent renovations we now have 14 beautifully appointed treatment rooms.
Having recently joined Preferred Hotels and Resorts, a global sales and marketing consortium consisting of over 500 hotels worldwide, there has never been a more exciting time to become part of the Sopwell House team with so many new projects to place Sopwell House as one of the best country houses in the UK.
A Demi Chef de Partie is responsible for ensuring that all food items are prepared and presented to deliver an excellent Guest experience while assisting with food cost controls.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination Prepare all mis-en-place or all relevant menus
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of food quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
- Be environmentally aware
Essential Skills required for the role
- Diploma or degree from accredited university in culinary arts or NVQ or related major
- At least 3 years of related work experience.
- Experience in a similar position and environment with a firm understanding of excellence in customer service, preferably in a 5* Hotel.
- 28 days holiday + 1 Extra Holiday Day on Birthday
- Discounted Spa, Food and Beverage and accommodation within the AB Hotels Group
- Professional learning and career development opportunities
- Tastecard upon 1 year Service
All applicants must have right to live and work in the UK.
Please be advised that if you have not received a response within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Apply for Demi Chef de Partie - St Albans
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly