Commis Chef - St Albans
Commis Chef - Sopwell House Hotel, St Albans
Full time position
Nestled within 12 acres of idyllic rural Hertfordshire countryside, Sopwell House is a four star country house hotel and spa, offering a luxury experience alongside impeccable service. Sopwell House comprises of 128 rooms and suites, 15 flexible function/meeting rooms, a Spa with 14 treatment rooms, a weights gym and techno-gym, two restaurants, a conservatory bar and cocktail lounge.
Having recently joined Preferred Hotels and Resorts, a global collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, the team at Sopwell House go above and beyond to ensure that our guests have the most enjoyable time.
Scope & General Purpose of Job:
To provide guests and visitors to Sopwell House with an efficient and personal service whilst maintaining the consistency and continuity and strive to continually improve.
- Oversees the work of the banquet kitchen staff.
- Assists with training of newly hired kitchen staff.
- Makes sure adequate numbers of kitchen staff are scheduled to properly handle each banquet.
- Meets with potential banquet clients to discuss menu options.
- Develops menus based on client specifications and contracts
- Presents the finished product to the customer for approval.
- Monitors the quality of the banquet meal during the event.
- Evaluates client satisfaction.
- Possesses the ability to handle any menu ranging from breakfast buffets to corporate lunch meetings with sandwiches to formal dinners with multi-course meals that are individually plated.
Essential Skills required for the role:
- Must have the ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the goal.
- Must have excellent verbal communication and leadership skills.
- Be able to express creativity through food selections, preparation and presentation.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in high stress situations.
- Be able to solve problems quickly under pressure.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
- 28 days holiday + 1 Extra Holiday Day on Birthday
- Discounted Spa, Food and Beverage and accommodation within the AB Hotels Group
- Professional learning and career
- Tastecard upon 1 year Service
Apply for Commis Chef - St Albans
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly