Leisure Membership Sales Advisor - Aberdeen
We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Membership Advisor (Temp potentially leading to full time) to join our highly successful team in Village Hotel Club Aberdeen. Based in modern and contemporary surroundings you will be required to contribute to the hotels success. You should have a warm, personable nature, can do attitude and eye for detail.
You will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed. In return we will offer you second to none career opportunities.
Why choose us?
We work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing hospitality constantly. If you are truly passionate about a career in hotels then we want to hear from you. As an expanding company with new hotels in the pipeline and a commitment to grow our future General Managers from within we are in a unique position to offer fantastic career progression backed up by training and development at every step of the way
Our rising star programme is how we put our money where our mouth is, twice a year we review all of our teams against our high performance behaviours
If you stand out as the best in these areas and show potential then you will quickly be spotted to participate in this programme.
Apart from this we offer some amazing benefits such as FREE Gym membership to our health and fitness business which includes state of the art gym equipment as well as discounted shopping and stays within our hotels.
Your role is to share how good these facilities are with prospective new members and sign then up to a new way of life. Providing high standards of service that reflects the individual needs of our members and prospective members – explaining the extensive features and benefits of joining our Leisure Club. You will maximise leisure memberships through effective selling techniques, providing information as required.
You achieve this by using your natural skills at interacting with many different types of people and, using the effective selling techniques that we will support you with, you can only be a great success
- People – Assist the Leisure Sales Manager in developing a sales action plan that will facilitate membership renewals and the generation of new memberships. Liaise closely with the Leisure Club Team and colleagues in order to sell the product and experience effectively. Deal with complaints/ problems politely and make every effort to resolve these.
- Presentation and standards – complete a daily walk round of the leisure club and share feedback where appropriate to ensure standard operating procedures are met and maintained. Your personal presentation must be impeccable at all times.
- A Great Customer Experience – Focus on precise aims and requirements of potential members and offer advice to match the package to the individual. You cater for all and ensure that our people, products and service are memorable as we build our reputation as the Leading Leisure Club.
- Product knowledge – be commercial ‘savvy’ and aware of all promotional activates to ensure they are correctly implemented. Support centrally driven promotional activity.
- Communications – with your team on a daily basis, other hotel departments and guests / leisure club members, so that everyone knows what our offering is and is encouraged to try it and return for more. Instill and sustain a culture of excellence married with appropriate levels of informality and fun.
- Leisure Club Performance – meet all sales targets and carry out effective sales tours selling all benefits of our Real Results Programme. Deliver results in line with team members non-negotiable. Further, add value to overall hotel performance through teamwork.
- Results – Supporting the weekly, monthly, quarterly sales and marketing plan implemented by the Leisure Club Sales Manager. Ensure the minimum date is captured – name, address, email address and mobile number.
- Quality – be fully aware of all promotional activities to ensure they are correctly implemented and action. Fully utilise the membership prospect database ensuring that the data is always accurate. Maximum response time to an enquiry is 1 hour.
- Great Service – assist members and prospective members in a friendly, courteous and professional manner. Member and guest satisfaction should be monitored using reflective feedback (ad hoc and using external benchmarking tools). Deal with complaints / problems politely and make every effort to resolve these. Customer Comments – review weekly feedback with the Sales Team Leader and action where required.
- Financial performance –Fully adhere to the relevant sales systems and procedures. Deliver the clubs membership target and ensure sales standards are adhered to. Treat the business as if it where your own. 20 POS referrals per month and 15 completed calls per shift in line with non-negotiables.
- Statutory compliance including all Leisure Club related Health & Safety obligations and Licensing Laws. Be aware of and operate the hotel cash handling, security and emergency procedures.
- Experience within a leisure membership sales environment. Proven record of achieving results with and through a team.
- Results driven, with a sense of urgency about achieving objectives and a problem solving approach
- Personality - customer facing presence, rapport builder. Calm and assured under pressure.
- Passion for the Health & Fitness business. Can communicate ideas and facts honestly, clearly and persuasively.
- Confidence to challenge upwards for appropriate resources, to make your leisure club the best.
- Understands the need for confidentiality.
- Smart professional appearance.
This role will require you to work as part of a team and your hours will include working evenings and weekends.
Apply for Leisure Membership Sales Advisor - Aberdeen
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly