Lifeguard - Chelmsford
Are you looking to join a fun and engaging environment, within a world renowned brand dedicated to supporting your future development?
We’re looking for a competent lifeguard to take responsibility for the health and safety of our members and ensure all our poolside activities are promoted and run effectively.
Here at Virgin Active, we pride ourselves on our innovations and vision to be the World’s Most Loved Health Club, and we need you to get on board and help us achieve this. Part of one of the UK’s most prestigious group of companies.
- Supervision of our members within the pool & surrounding areas, to ensure safety at all times.
- Enthusiastically engage with our members, providing a great customer service.
- Daily checks such as water temperature & equipment storage.
- Cleaning duties to ensure safety, hygiene & pleasant area at all times.
- Additional activities to support club operation where required.
This role is part time, working 16-20 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; specific shift patterns include 2-6pm & 5.30-10.30pm week days and 7.30am-1.30pm, 9.30am-3.30pm & 3.30-9.30pm weekends.
What we can’t live without:
Confident in your ability to ensure our swimmers are safe and happy at all times; you’re also keen to make the most of your qualifications.
Specific requirements of successful candidate:
- Strong communication skills and experience in a customer facing environment.
- A friendly, calm and approachable nature with the ability to act quickly and effectively.
- Current Lifeguard qualification and fully registered with either:
o RLSS- IQL National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
o HABC Level 2 Award in Pool Lifeguarding (QCF).
o STA Professional Award for Pool Lifeguard (QCF)
Why not master your trade in a diverse and fun environment, we’ll support you in this great new challenge with coaching and development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Complimentary gym membership for you and a buddy
- Dedicated line manager, there to support and promote your development
- Look the part; we’ll provide you with uniforms
- Discount on loads of Virgin products and services
- 30 days holiday (pro rata) including bank holidays
- Bonus birthday day off - an extra day off to celebrate your birthday however you see fit!