Safety and Hygiene Advisor - Hale
Safety and Hygiene Advisor - Head Office, Hale
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Britannia Hotels, Europe’s Largest Independent Hotel Company, are looking for a Safety and Hygiene Advisor to join the H&S Team who provide high quality HS&E services across our 52 Hotels and 6 Holiday Parks.
Reporting to the Group Health & Safety Manager the main functions of the role is to provide multi-site advice and guidance on all matters relating to health, safety and food hygiene. This interesting and varied role will include ensuring site compliance with current legislation, implementing group policies and procedures, auditing, accident investigations and training.
UK wide role with regular attendance at Head Office in Hale near Manchester Airport required.
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate & enthusiastic person to enter into a career within the Health & Safety sector of the hospitality industry.
- Provide all areas of the business with advice and guidance to ensure HS&E compliance and best practice
- To assist sites in the implementation of the Group Health & Safety policy and Food Hygiene policy.
- health, safety and hygiene audits, measuring and reporting of performance against agreed standards.
- Assist in the investigation of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses with detailed reports
- Actively promote the company Health and Safety programme and initiatives
- Be proactive in developing a positive H&S culture within the organisation
- NEBOSH certificate is an advantage, with knowledge of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene compliance
- Health clubs and experience of swimming pools/spa’s is advantageous
- Enthusiastic and passionate about health and safety
- Must hold a full UK driving licence, own your own vehicle and be prepared to travel throughout the UK
Also requires a practical approach, strong communication skills and the ability to positively influence on HS&E matters. Good IT skills, work on own initiative and manage time effectively
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Pension Scheme
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Apply for Safety and Hygiene Advisor - Hale
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly