Conference and Banqueting Coordinator - Wilmslow
Airport Inn Manchester, Cheshire
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Conference and Banqueting Coordinator
Reporting to: Conference and Banqueting Manager
To maximise the C&B Revenue Yield from the C&B space. Ensuring Customer Satisfaction.
- To sell the Conference & Banqueting space at the best available rate maximising yield and achieve the budgeted sales.
- To be aware of competitors, their products, facilities, rates & policies and to develop and present to the hotel team, products in which to beat the competition.
- To be aware of future business peaks & troughs and major events in the area.
- In-conjunction with Sales Team, Rooms / Reservations Manager, Area Sales Manager & General Manager agree sales action / strategy / tactics and devise packages & rates to maximise hotel yield.
- To sell the hotel by re-active and pro-active “cold calling” using telephone and in-house appointments, carry out necessary research, using hotel database, client files, business & local media
- To carry out the necessary research identifying sales opportunities, using hotel database, client files, business & local media.
- Liaise with Conference Agents weekly / monthly as required.
- Ensure liaison with Conference Bournemouth, BIC, TIC – Delegate Reservations to maximise upon opportunities / referral business. Attend meetings / FAM sessions as required.
- Adhere to and operate the Hotel’s & the Company’s Systems, Policies & Procedures for C&B administration.
- Follow up call to previous clients to entice them to use the hotel again
- Prepare & issue correspondence /quotations for C&B business.
- Assist in the management & development the Hotel’s database.
- Co –ordinate & Sell Christmas in-conjunction with the Sales & Rooms Team
- Ensure customer satisfactions with the product and service
- Complete Weekly C&B Sales Reports & attend meetings as required
- Problem solver
- Forward thinker
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage own workloads
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Pension Scheme
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Apply for Conference and Banqueting Coordinator - Wilmslow
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly