Pastry Chef - London
Pastry Chef - King's Cross, London
Work with us…WORK HARD, LIVE WELL, SMILE LOADS.
We are always looking for a friendly, enthusiastic and talented individual to join our team. At Caravan we pride ourselves on efficient and competent service but most importantly with a smile. Our kitchens are hugely creative places, where our well travelled food philosophy gives chefs a chance to express themselves and develop their repertoires. We believe in hard work and dedication, but having fun while you are doing it. We want everyone in our team to grow and invest a huge amount into staff training and development.
A team-player, great personality, motivated, energetic, efficient, warm, fun, lively, passionate – are just a few ways of describing our ideal team member. If you’re an experienced Sous Chef and have any of these qualities, with at least 5 years experience in a similar role we would love to hear from you!
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is experienced in dealing with a large team of chefs and is ambitious, providing plenty of potential for development. We currently have a position available for an experienced Sous chef.
Housed within a Grade II listed Victorian grain store, Caravan King’s Cross is a high volume restaurant and was the first restaurant to open within the King’s Cross Partnership development behind St Pancras / King’s Cross stations. Designed with the building's history in mind we have created a soft industrial dining room, combined with an open kitchen, coffee take out bar and on site coffee roastery. Our outdoor terrace sits directly on Granary Square and is enhanced by a beautiful fountain installation. Serving our signature well travelled breakfast, brunch and all day food and drink menus and freshly roasted coffee.
This is a demanding role so experience in a similar environment is a must. All applicants must speak fluent English, be eligible to work in the UK, and provide two work references.
Our ideal candidates would be able to start right away or in less than two weeks. All chefs must be willing to work split shifts.
If you are looking for a fast paced, creative, fun place to call home for some of your time, we would love to hear from you.
- To ensure the kitchen’s operational budgets are strictly adhered to, all food costs are controlled and expenditure approved in line with anticipated sales.
- Deliver food cost within budget by ensuring competitiveness of suppliers.
- Management of monthly stocktake.
- To ensure that the kitchen’s labour costs are strictly adhered to and match the needs of the business, completing labour forecasting in a timely fashion.
- To manage the completion of all administrative documentation including Health & Safety (due diligence, critical control points etc).
- To control wastage by managing the maintenance of the correct stock levels and rotation from dry stores and avoidance of the over ordering or production of food and mis en place.
Caravan Staff Welfare & Benefits
- Complimentary soft drinks, tea and coffee during shifts.
- Staff food during shifts.
- Complimentary drink at the end of shifts.
- 100% discount on food for a meal for you and 1 guest after 3 months of employment.
- 50% discount on food for you and 1 guest when dining at Caravan Restaurants.
- 25% discount on food when dining with up to 3 guests Caravan Restaurants.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Staff Training Workshops.
- Caravan on Tour –day trips to breweries, food suppliers and fun days out!
- Workplace Pension Scheme.
- Sunday nights off
Apply for Pastry Chef - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly