Meetings & Events Sales Co-ordinator
We are currently recruiting for a Sales Co-ordinator to join our highly successful Meetings & Events Team our Village Hotel Club, Manchester Cheadle. Based in modern and contemporary surroundings you will be required to contribute to the hotel's success. You should have a warm, personable nature, can do attitude and eye for details.
You will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed. In return we will offer you second to none career opportunities.
Why choose us?
We work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing hospitality constantly. If you are truly passionate about a career in hotels then we want to hear from you. As an expanding company with new hotels in the pipeline and a commitment to grow our future General Managers from within we are in a unique position to offer fantastic career progression backed up by training and development at every step of the way
Twice a year we review all of our teams against our high performance behaviours
If you stand out as the best in these areas and show potential then you will quickly be spotted for future development.
We are passionate about developing talent.
Apart from this we offer some amazing benefits such as FREE Gym membership to our health and fitness club which includes state of the art gym equipment as well as discounted shopping and stays within our hotels.
To be successful in your application for the position of Sales Co-ordinator you must possess the following:
Only read on if…….
- you want to be a key part in a small team that really excels in securing fantastic meetings and events sales to drive a key revenue stream within our business
We are no ordinary hotel business. VILLAGE hotels are a unique concept.Ours is a design-led, inspirational and multi-faceted product, attractive to a diverse customer base where locals are as valued as corporate and leisure guests and we strive to consistently deliver “more than” to our guests.
Your role is to be a part of an efficient, effective and professional meetings and events booking service, maximising the conversion from enquiry to booking. You also ensure that all guest requirements are communicated accurately to the operational teams. In addition, you support the team manager in forecasting, marketing and business planning.
You achieve this by;
- Responding to all enquiries in a timely, confident & professional manner, displaying a clear & comprehensive knowledge of the hotel, its facilities and details of other hotels in the Group, taking every opportunity to up sell & refer business at all times.
- Recording full and accurate details of guest requirements and bookings as per Company and hotel procedures.
- Converting all tentative bookings within a 2 month lead window.
- Understanding forecasts and play a part in managing their completion
- Making clients aware of the full terms of business, including the cancellation policy and the need to confirm bookings prior to arrival.
- Conducting Client “showrounds” professionally, taking every opportunity to up sell.
- Getting involved in networking events, conversion days and outreach events.
- Booking third party services in accordance with Company and hotel procedures.
- Having knowledge of, and operating, the hotel’s cash handling and security procedures.
- Carrying out after event sales calls within 3 days of event, providing all feedback & repeat business conversion as a weekly report.
- Carrying out weekly/monthly telesales to last years actual bookings by ‘booked date’
- Supporting team manger with complaints/issues politely and swiftly, taking a leading role within the department.
- Maintaining operational standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene, health & safety and ensuring minimal wastage
- Obtaining and preparing promotional material for offers and packages
- Promoting weddings for the Hotel, maximising revenue through following standard sales practices
- Liaising with M&E Operations team, communicating guests requirements and details of forthcoming events
- Accountability for billing of conferences and ensuring pre payment where required
- Understand and involve yourself with Venue Verdict/Guest Rate.
- Ensuring training and meetings are attended in the absence of team manage
- KPI’s are achieved
- Consistently aware of budgeted expectations and gap to budget at any time
- Customer satisfaction reflected in positive feedback
- Department operates at maximum efficiency with required resource to meet business needs and exceeds statutory requirements for health, safety and hygiene standards.
- Standard Operating Procedures are followed.
- Excellent performance during test calls and within BDRC target for results
- Central Office and Unit guidelines followed.
- Acceptable levels of absenteeism
- Excellent inter-departmental communication and co-operation
- High morale within the Team and no issues with teamwork all stakeholders.
- Venue verdict/Guest rate scores should be at a consistently high level.
- Highly motivated self starter, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Confidence + ability to undertake proactive sales activity to include telesales & someface to face sales
- Strong desire to seek, find & convert new M&E business
- Uses a structured approach to ensure both proactive & reactive sides of the M&E role are delivered
- Driven & confident enough to achieve stretching results through planning, review & revision of processes
- Naturally inquisitive & capable of handling objections and negotiating with confidence
- Passionate & enthusiastic about Village Hotels
- Fully competent in the use of a computerised booking system
- Organised and works well under pressure
- Flexible approach to hours of work to ensure that the needs of the business are met
- Demonstrate flexibility to embrace new trends and change
- Operating knowledge of other departments
- Strong Commercial awareness
- 2 years M&E sales experience
Apply for Meetings & Events Sales Co-ordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly