Deputy Manager - Southampton
Banana Wharf Deputy Manager needed.
Banana Wharf Ocean Village in Southampton is looking for an experienced Deputy Manager, the role would suit someone in a similar position or a supervisor looking for the next step into management. Banana Wharf part of Delicious Dining which comprises 12 of Hampshire's finest restaurants, bars and boutique hotels which are born from a unique and prestigious heritage of the leading independent leisure group in Hampshire & Dorset with each having an enviable reputation for fine food and drink served in superb surroundings with each restaurant and bar having its own unique concept .
All of our Banana Wharf restaurants are situated on the waterfront hence our tagline ‘meet, drink & eat by the water’. Banana Wharf takes great pride in the quality of the local fresh food we serve, the diversity of our menu and the attentive friendly staff we employ. Our customers expect a great experience every time they visit a Banana Wharf Restaurant & Bar and together as a team it's our job to ensure that the customer’s expectations are met and hopefully exceeded every time they visit.
As a Deputy Manager at Banana Wharf, it will be your responsibility to ensure team members are mentored and supported to deliver a prompt, friendly and efficient service at all times - which means you'll need to be a confident leader and communicator whose standards are as high as ours.
A customer facing role means being on show - smart appearance is essential along with a warm welcoming smile as you make our guests feel comfortable and relaxed.
You will have the responsibility of opening or closing on certain shifts and running the business in the absence of the management to help cover days off. Also on key shifts taking an area of the restaurant/bar to control with a team of staff to assist the General/Assistant manager in the smooth running of service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- To lead and coordinate an efficient and courteous service to the company core standards.
- To have a complete knowledge of the drink selections we have and know the cocktail, wine and food menus and be able to make suggestions.
- Mentor the team in product up selling to increase revenue.
- Provide training to the more junior members of the team.
- To assist with the control of payroll in line with the budget targets.
- To help lead the team on each shift making sure they are doing the jobs they have been given and ensure the company service standards are upheld
- Learning the booking systems and the capabilities and flexibility of the restaurant
- Manage the opening and closing of the restaurant and bar
- Learn cash procedures/handling and end of day cashing up
- Manage office administration as instructed by the General/Assistant Manager
- Maintain accurate stock control, including ordering, delivery checks, line checks and wastage
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures and licensing laws and help in completing staff sign offs for health and fire safety, COSHH and licensing laws.
- To have a complete knowledge of the drink selections we have and know the cocktail, wine and food menus and be able to make suggestions
- Provide training to new members of the team to company standards, to include using the epos system, product training, daily procedures and drink specifications
If you feel that you are ready for a new challenge and you have the skills to enhance our business then we would like to hear from you. Please email by applying below with a reference of 'Deputy Manager position'
Apply for Deputy Manager - Southampton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly