Bartender - Maldon
Bartender - Crowne Plaza 5 Lakes Resort Colchester
We are currently recruiting for a Bar Tender to join our busy Food and Beverage team. Ideally you will already be an experienced Bar Tender, but don’t if you’re not as full training will be given. You must be a people person, have great communication skills be highly organised and very standards focused
Food and Beverage is what adds flavour to a stay! Guests love to enjoy their drink whether it is with friends, family, colleagues or just on their own. To deliver a great guest experience a Bar Tenderwill ensure that they and their team of bar tenders will prepare beverages and or/ serve food in a timely manner, helping guests to have a memorable experiences whenever and wherever they drink
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner.
- Ensure that any wastage is recorded in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Ensure daily requisitions of all necessary supplies are completed in line with hotel procedures and manage the liquor inventory.
- Work as a team ensuring the bars operate in accordance to brand standards.
- Compliance with food safety, health and safety and licensing law regulations.
- Ensure bars are set up in accordance to brand standard and that all beverage equipment are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all guests are greeted pleasantly as they approach the bar; promote house drinks and use up-selling skills to increase revenue
- Prepare beverages requested by guests using established pouring standards and drink recipes to provide a consistent product to the guest and to control costs. Coordinate food service with restaurant (s) for bar/ lounge guests if necessary
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Monitor guest behaviour and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of guests; check identification whenever the age of guests requesting alcoholic beverage service is questionable.
- Take action to solve guest problems/complaints using appropriate service recovery guidelines
- Set up the bar including all liquor, mixers, ice, garnishes, glassware and supplies. Perform pre and post shift work (empty / fill ice bins, prepare garnishments, replenish stock etc.)
- Close down bar ensuring all liquor is properly secured before, during and at the close of shift. Ensure that all tasks on the close down checklist are completed to acceptable standards
Qualifications and Requirements
Must be 18 and fluent in English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Handling, carrying or lifting items up to 50 pounds / 23 kg (bar ware, crates, boxes, bottles etc.)
- Moving about the bar, lounge and kitchen
- Bending, stooping, kneeling and lifting
- Being passionate about people and service
- High standard of personal presentation
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to comply with food safety and licencing laws
- Excellent reading and IT skills
- Knowledge of Micros and Opera IT systems
- Excellent maths skills as used when handling cash and credit
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and / or holiday
- Ability to work under pressure
In return, we will give you a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You would be working for one of the worlds most respected Hotel Groups, we are also renowned for our excellent training. Talent gets noticed, results are appreciated and we promote from within. Every one of our people makes a real contribution to the business whether delivering great service or working in a team focused on achieving its targets. If you're looking for a job, you just may have found a career
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent ‘Employee Recognition’ programmes
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across the brand
- Vast range of ‘Learning and Development’ programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
- Free staff social events and wellbeing events
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process
We look forward to hearing from you!