Head Doorman - London
Head Doorman - Piccadilly, London
Offering exceptional hospitality since 1865, Hotel Café Royal is an iconic London landmark, showcasing a magnificent blend of elegant heritage with chic contemporary edge. This 5 star luxury hotel is a member of the ‘Leading Hotels of the World’ featuring 160 exquisite guestrooms, including 49 suites and 6 signature suites, as well a unique selection of bars, restaurants, event spaces, private members club and the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre. Prominently gracing it’s presence on Regent Street at Piccadilly Circus; Hotel Café Royal is perfectly positioned within walking distance of London’s finest shopping, attractions and theatres.
As a Head Doorman you will become part of an exceptional service team that engages with our guests throughout their patronage with us, providing anticipative, yet unobtrusive service. Reporting into the Head Concierge, you will manage a team of Doormen and Porters on a day to day basis to help deliver and oversee the assistance with luggage, the coordination of private cars and taxis, valet parking, alongside other various tasks. You will be one of Hotel Café Royal’s main points of contact, on hand to deal with queries, providing information on hotel services and giving directions for the surrounding areas.
- With exceptional grooming, presentation and posture, it’s likely you’ll have a proven background within a luxury hospitality environment, ideally within a similar guest facing role or as a Head Doorman or Senior Doorman looking for the next step up in your career.
- Your communication skills will be exceptional with the confidence to build strong working relationships and connect with guests visiting us from all over the world - fluent level of spoken English is essential and another language is advantageous.
- Excellent knowledge of Central London in terms of transport, services, restaurants/bars and attractions; particularly around Mayfair, Soho and the West End to ensure the highest quality service for our guests.
- Able to work 40 hours per week over 5 days
- A clean, valid UK drivers licence is essential
- Competitive Salary
- On duty meals
- Pro-rata allowance of 20 days holiday (inclusive of Bank holidays) rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service.
- Uniform provided and dry cleaned free of charge
- Group Life Insurance and contributory Pension Scheme
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – Member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted room rates and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts
Ready to join the team?
Please apply through Caterer by following the 'Apply Now' link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.