Beauty Therapist - Winchester
Beauty Therapist - Full and Part Time Hours
Where you'll be working
Norton Park is just 8 miles away from the historic city of Winchester and yet we are surrounded by fields and countryside, don’t let that make you believe ours is a sleepy hotel though –
far from it!
Once you make it down the winding driveway you will find a dramatic mix of old and new; a modern spacious hotel supported by the 16th century Manor House with wooden floors, grand staircase and views of the lake and a beautiful thatched barn just perfect for weddings. We have 174 bedrooms, 16 conference rooms, 2 kitchens, 10 treatments rooms, a leisure club and pool, restaurant and large bar/lounge and it is always busy here!
Our primary business is conference and events, from small meetings to large exclusive use weddings and parties – we do it all at Norton Park! At the weekends though things change and our leisure customers arrive, they like us to be warm, friendly and just that bit chattier, so there is plenty of opportunity to be yourself and wow our customers with your fabulous personality – we love a bit of character here and so do our customers!
Norton Park is an excellent place to either gain or grow your hospitality skills. We are a fast-paced hotel where hard work and passion pay off, with great opportunities for development and progression in both the hotel and the wider QHotels group. People here make friends for life and there’s plenty of socialising outside of work which just goes to make work more fun.
What you'll be doing
We’ve got leisure and spa facilities at 24 of our hotels. We’ve put our money where our promises are to develop state-of-the-art facilities from our swimming pools to our gyms and treatment rooms. These are exciting times in our Spas as we work on further expanding our spa facilities as business demand continues to grow and many of our spas now offer an exceptionally wide range of treatments and packages.
We like to make sure that our service for hotel customers and our leisure club members is just as special and memorable as each one of our facilities.
As a Beauty Therapist you’ll help provide a friendly, knowledgeable and professional service offering a wide range of ESPA treatments. You'll consult each client to fully understand their personal needs and be committed to delivering high quality, exceptional treatments. As a Beauty Therapist you’ll also be supporting your manager to maximise revenue through careful diary management and proactive selling of high quality spa retail products.
You’ll also help to make sure the spa is kept clean and well maintained, and fully compliant with legislative requirements.
What you'll need
- To be passionate about delivering the very best spa experience for your hotel customers and members
- To be smart and well presented
- Previous experience in a similar role, or you could be looking for your first position
- NVQ level 2 or similar level spa related qualification to be fully qualified as a minimum in manicures, pedicures, waxing
- NVQ level 3/HND or similar level qualification to be fully qualified in massage and facials is desirable
- Good standard of numeracy, literacy
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office is useful
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- To be able to work shifts as required that will include weekends and bank holidays
What you'll get
We offer a fantastic induction for all of our therapists, including information about the whole hotel and not just the Spa so you can confidently talk about the rest of the facilities on offer to your customers.
At QHotels we take training and development of our team seriously, and we believe that it's the responsibility of everyone within our business. As such, we ensure that you are trained to ESPA Essential level as soon as possible after you join our team as well as in Jessica manicure, pedicure and Geleration if this is required.
We actively encourage career development within QHotels so for those Therapists looking to become a Supervisor or first time Manager we offer our QED programes and you’ll find that many of our senior and specialist Managers as well as Directors deliver this coaching and training, so you’ll learn from very experienced colleagues who enjoy sharing their knowledge and passion for hospitality and Spa’s.
Importantly, you will receive a competitive salary that will include our brand new Spa Commission Incentive that rewards the treatment work that you do. This will ensure you are rewarded above the basic industry levels.
We also offer the following benefits:
- After 12 months' employment you'll receive a voucher for 2 nights Dinner, Bed & Breakfast for two people in the QHotel of your choice. You'll then continue to receive a voucher each year you're working with us;
- The chance to gain ThanQ4points for going the extra mile and these can be exchanged for high street vouchers, spa treatments, a meal in one of our restaurants....
- Depending on the hotel you work at, you may also be entitled to the following, live-in accommodation, complimentary leisure and golf membership, free parking and of course discount in the spa for treatments and products;
- Recommend a Friend so if you introduce a permanent employee to the team you could receive a bonus after 3 and 6 months;
- Simply Health Cash Plan whereby both yourself and QHotels contribute a monthly amount and you can then get financial help towards unexpected healthcare needs such as dental & optical;
- We also work with Busy Bees to offer Childcare Vouchers