Games Operator - Alton
Games Operator - HB Leisure
ll applicants for this position are advised that this advertisement is intended to recruit employees for HB Leisure and not for Alton Towers Resort. Should a position be offered to any applicant, there will be no employment or other contractual relationship between the applicants and Alton Towers Resort Operations Limited or Merlin Entertainments plc.
Part time/full time seasonal contracts available
What will I do as a Games Operator?
- 1. Day to day operation of our pay as you go games unit,
- 2. upselling our games to customers
- 3. Visual merchandising of our stock
- 4. Providing exceptional customer service to our guests
- 5. Responsible for the overall tidiness of the game units
- 6. Management of a small float to give change to the guests on the park
- 7. Explanation of the games rules to our customers
- 8. Working within the companies Health & Safety policy.
- 9. Inform your line manager of any irregularities or issues
- 10. Replace stock as it runs low.
When do I need to work?
As a Games Operator we have full & part time hours available
The start times are 9.45am , 11am or 11.45am. Finishing times may vary
What will I get paid?
The pay rate for a Games Operator is between £5 - £7.20 ph depending on experience. We also run a daily commission based bonus.
How Does the Bonus scheme work?
Every day you will be set a sales target, for every £1 you beat it by you get 10% of anything on top. For example if your target is £500 and you make £700. Your bonus is £20. Bonuses in excess of £200 per week are achievable
Working as a Games Operator at the Alton Towers Resort.
We are serious about giving our guests a fantastical day out and require outgoing, confident people with the ability to sell and effectively communicate with guests, whilst having fun . You will be part of a team required to drive sales through the Resort whilst maintaining the highest level of customer service.
You need an outgoing and enthusiastic personality and have a passion for driving sales through guest interaction and communication. Of prime importance is the right attitude, confidence and the ability to work within a team. You need the kind of personality that allows for a positive guest experience and an understanding of driving sales within a team.
HB Leisure is a Games operation at the Alton Towers Resort and has formed a partnership with the Merlin Entertainments Group. HB Leisure operate in numerous theme parks and attractions globally and offer a good career development path for employees. We believe in equality of opportunity and employ people solely on the basis of their abilities.
- Key skills English and Maths
- Not necessary full training given.
Knowledge & Skills
- Fluent English speaker, Confident Customer service skills Good relationship with general public Honest Reliable Presentable appearance Security Minded Able to work well under pressure
All applicants for this position are advised that this advertisement is intended to recruit employees for HB Leisure and not for Alton Towers Resort. Should a position be offered to any applicant, there will be no employment or other contractual relationship between the applicants and Alton Towers Resort Operations Limited or Merlin Attractions Operations Limited.