Night Porter - Weston-Super-Mare
3 days left
- Job Type
Pontins Sand Bay, North Somerset
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Night Porter
Reporting To: Night Manager
- To look after hotel security and guest welfare at night.
- To be aware of the weekly business within the hotel.
- To run the night audit.
- To assist in setting up and servicing event rooms.
- To ensure effective communication on nights in all areas and to read and sign all communications issued.
- Have thorough knowledge of all systems and procedures used within the hotel and department and to provide support as and when required.
- To ensure that fire evacuation procedures are fully understood and that you know your position in the event of fire evacuation.
- To report any health and safety hazards in the correct manner to the maintenance department and follow up to ensure action has been taken.
- To identify security risks and take due action.
- To maximise every sales opportunity for food and beverage and rooms and to be fully versed on hotel and promotions.
- To be aware of driving commitments and to ensure that pick-up times are met and to
- Ensure tidiness of lobby areas, forecourt and bar areas at all times.
- To ensure that newspapers are delivered in accordance with current guidelines.
- To do regular floor walks and security checks of fire exits and public areas and to report irregularities to the manager on duty.
- To carry out any other duties or responsibilities as may be required.
- To maintain a positive, proactive approach and maintain utmost courtesy and politeness towards guests and staff at all times.
- To adhere to correct dress code at all times, maintain uniform standards and ensure all staff on duty comply with those standards.
- To be punctual at all times for work and give due notice of lateness.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Pension Scheme
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Apply for Night Porter - Weston-Super-Mare
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly