Inventory Manager - Surrey
Salary - Competitive plus company benefits
Hours – Part Time
Who we are
The fabulous Brooklands Hotel has been opened since 2010 and is a modern sleek style Art Deco inspired building with bedrooms and conference suites offering state of the art facilities located on the site of the historic Brooklands race track. The 2 AA Rosette 1907 restaurant bar and grill and bar are contemporary with the highest quality throughout delivering a great experience for our guests. The hotel offers a luxurious spa and is the upper end of the four star category and appeals to both the local corporate and leisure guests. Being part of the Brooklands Team you will be given a good understanding of our brand vision, which, along with the rest of the team, you will ‘make it happen’ through our values and behaviours for each other, our guests and owners.
The standards that Brooklands offer are of a level that our clients would expect to find among the very best city centre hotels and that has helped us achieve great feedback from our guests and position 8 in the Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for 2016, for our team. And this is where we need you…… come and be a part of a great team here at Brooklands.
What we look for
We are looking for someone with hotel experience ideally, who has a positive friendly nature, with good organisation and time management skills. Strong communication and customer focused with attention to detail, ability to work to deadlines, committed and focused a great team player that can live our ‘Make it Happen’ ethos.
- Spa diary optimisation as per strategy. Work closely with the Spa Manager with regards to opening additional Spa Treatment columns as and when required
- To complete required daily, weekly & monthly reports as required by the Commercial Director. This would also include M & E BoB reporting
- To ensure that all marketing initiatives e.g. package campaign links are built and are available for sale according to demand.
- Balancing the room types to ensure the Reception Team have a clear understanding of what has been sold and also for the purpose of maximising Premium Room revenues
- To support on transient rate enquiries, ensuring the best yieldable rates that suit the business are offered
- To carry out any reasonable task as requested by Management.
- To take an active role in providing call handling support when necessary.
- To support with pre booking guests to another hotel. Should the hotel find itself in this situation, the Inventory Manager would be tasked to contact the guests prior to their stay to relocate the guest(s) to another hotel.
- Adopt a system check to ensure all reservation data is entered correctly, ensuring data integrity and accurate reporting.
- To have a good knowledge of all Hotel facilities, tariffs and rates in order they are sold to their best advantage. This would include sending proposals, chasing enquiries and obtaining signed contracts within a timely manor.
- To develop a good knowledge of the local area, local competitors and regular clientele to enhance services provided to the guests.
- To create the right customer care attitude towards all clients whilst maximising client satisfaction.
- Ensuring the hotel sales strategies are implemented in the relevant systems.
- Ensuring hotel’s bedroom inventory is managed closely and availability of all room types are managed to drive the required occupancy/ARR for the relevant time.
- Management of 3rd party rate distribution, as per sales strategy.
- Ensuring the hotel strategies are rolled out to, and followed by, the Reservations team to maximise occupancy and rooms profitability for accommodation.
- Build a strong relationship with all OTA’s ensuring that the hotel has positive ranking and opportunities to sign up to relevant OTA promotions if so desired.
- Regular evaluation of competitor pricing via required revenue tools.
- Constantly searching for potential external opportunities for the hotel to be able to yield on (ie local events).
Key Skills and Behaviours:
- Organisation and time management skills
- Ability to produce and analyse reports
- Understands strategy and driven towards maximising sales and meeting departmental budgets
- Strong Communication skills – written and verbal Efficient in using Microsoft office (especially Excel) and computer applications
- Ability to work to deadlines Attention to detail
- Team player
- Professional and committed
- People Management skills
- Training skills