F&B Service Manager - Ascot
F&B Service Manager near Ascot, Berkshire – Luxury Country Hotel
Salary: £28,000 plus benefits
You will be responsible for the daily management and service of department leading and coaching a team to 5* Standards.
The main responsibilities of this hands-on management position include leading the team, planning staff rotas, forecasting and managing payroll, staff incentives, cashing up procedures, opening and closing restaurant. You will be responsible for the business performance of the restaurant, as well as maintaining high standards of food, service, and health and safety, training and development of your successful and passionate team.
- Full control and responsibility over operational and financial results
- Provide a 5 star environment and atmosphere to guest and team members alike
- Planning and coordinating menus.
- Ensure continuous training for the team to constantly improve service and ensure staff have a thorough knowledge for a perfect guest experience
- To handle complaints in a professional and courteous manager (notifying senior management where necessary);
- Stock control and stock ordering for the Dining room and beverages
- Conducts the recruitment, training and supervision of all service staff under the guidance of the Personnel Manager;
- Maintains exceptional attention to detail and implements SOPs to ensure all staff are trained and aware of the correct standards of appearance, cleanliness and proper set up of the dining rooms;
- To be aware of, and comply with all statutory requirements on Health & Safety and all aspects of the Restaurant’s Health & Safety Policy and Fire & Evacuation Procedures.
Candidate Profile / Work Related Experience
- Previous experience in a similar position, ideally in a fine dining / Rosette / Michelin establishment;
- Afternoon Tea Service is an advantage
- Previous Restaurant or F&B management within a Hotel is advantageous
- A passion for service excellence, dining experience, is able to work using initiative, standards driven, and the ability to lead and manage a team.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead & inspire a team;
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Must possess the desire to generate customer satisfaction
- Immaculate personal appearance is required
- Must have the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- A confident, mature and professional approach is essential
- Must possess a good eye for the finer detail
- Must have an enthusiastic disposition especially in regards to food, service standards and consistency
- Possess a great personality and have a passion for hospitality