Night Porter - Glasgow
Night Porter - Hotel du Vin, Glasgow
Our appeal is all down to our attitude. Simple yet sophisticated. Informal yet luxurious. Elegant yet unpretentious. It’s a commitment to doing the little things brilliantly. We’re justifiably proud of our collection of 16 townhouse and city-centre properties. Each Hotel du Vin has its own character, shaped by the architecture, history and sensitive conversion of the original building. At the heart of each, our bistros serve French classics with a British twist. And thanks to our close relationships with vineyards and winemakers, our cosy, low-lit bars offer many of the world’s finest and best-kept secret wines.
In return you get to work for great brands with like-minded people with an award winning benefit package including:
- A range of fabulous flexible benefits to help you outside of work – including health & life insurance.
- A contributory Pension Scheme
- A Childcare scheme providing tax credits on any childcare you may be paying.
- Service Charge (department specific) which will be performance driven
- Free uniform
- Annual People Awards
- Amazing People Engagement and Activity Plan
- Employee assistance scheme to help you navigate through life’s challenges
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Fantastic company discounts including staff rates & Food & Beverage discounts at all of our exciting locations
- Major high street discounts –helpful when buying things to treat you or others!
As guests sleep sound in their beds, the Nights team keep everything running like clockwork. Your role as Night Porter will involve taking responsibility for the Food & Beverage Department of the hotel during the night. You will welcome our guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner, ensuring that the public areas are kept immaculate. You will be expected to assist guests with their luggage, be a point of contact for our guests and other responsibilities to ensure all requirements are met during our guests stay. You will also be expected to valet park cars and ensure the public areas are kept clean and tidy. You will be organised, an excellent communicator. Experience in a similar position is beneficial but not necessary, however, service with a smile and personality is a must.
This iconic Glasgow hotel is set in a tree-lined Victorian terrace in the fashionable West End and only 30 minutes from Loch Lomond. Hotel du Vin Glasgow at One Devonshire Gardens is a luxury boutique hotel with that little bit more. The most famous of Glasgow's hotels has an enviable reputation for service and style, with 49 stunning bedrooms and suites, bistro, bar, cigar shack and whisky room. There is only One Devonshire Gardens for escapes, weddings, dining and luxury. The city of culture and style offers an array of museums and fabulous stylish shopping whilst enjoying the true Scottish hospitality of One Devonshire Gardens.