As a Catering Manager you will have a passion for food and enjoy inspiring a team to deliver great results and exceed customer’s expectations. Joining our fast paced, passionate team working at an amazing location, you will maximise income opportunities so that the profit can be reinvested back into our important conservation work.
As well as running the day to day catering operations and rolling your sleeves up to help out the team as and when needed, you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in development projects and in the planning of a new commercial outlet over the year.
Please note: This is a maternity cover post until 31st March 2018. We don’t work late evenings, split shifts or Christmas Day either but you will be expected to work weekends.
What it's like to work here
The 70-strong team at this spectacular Victorian gothic house have ambitious plans for growth over the next few years. Tyntesfield’s excellent location just outside of Bristol means there is great scope to develop the visitor experience to this vast estate, and the team are encouraged to be forward thinking and creative in their approach. There is a strong sustainability focus at the property with working kitchen gardens that produce delicious produce for the café and restaurant.
What you'll be doing
The Catering Manager for Tyntesfield is responsible for managing an operation which currently includes a large 125 cover restaurant, an 50 cover café and various pop up outlets in the Bristol portfolio. On appointment, the post holder will also be involved with the development of new outlet options across the site and perhaps off site as well. This is certainly a varied and challenging role.
This post involves management of a team of 8 regular and 37 seasonal staff, with a strong focus needed on both back office processes and procedures and front of house customer service and delivery. As part of the senior management team at Tyntesfield, the Catering Manager will be working alongside other Heads of Department to deliver ambitious results within the core values and aims of both the property and the wider National Trust.
Who we're looking for
First and foremost, you'll be ambitious. We have grand plans and we need a Catering Manager that is full of ideas as well as experience.
As the Catering Manager, you’ll have experience leading people within a catering operation previously. You’ll love being a positive role model and are naturally able to inspire people to deliver exceptional customer service, to exceed targets and understand how this funds our cause. So, you’ll be;
- Inspiring and great with people
- Great at working with and supervising a team and unafraid to give direction and feedback
- Exceptionally detailed orientated when it comes to food presentation
- Able to understand your customers and take pride in delivering excellent customer service – personally, and through your team
- Able to bring to life new ideas
It will be helpful if you can demonstrate the following experience on your CV;
- Experience of managing a catering operation with knowledge of best practice (including production and service of quality food, menu design)
- Customer service/ sales focused
- Coaching, developing and supervising teams – rota’s, managing absence, giving feedback
- Working towards delivering targets – customer satisfaction/ financial
- Food Hygiene qualifications and Health & Safety compliance
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking