Are you always looking to exceed your customer’s expectations with your culinary delights? Are you looking for working hours that don’t include late evenings and Christmas Day? Do you want to work in an amazing location? If so this role could be for you.
What it's like to work here
A glorious slice of natural coastline in Purbeck, Studland beach features a four-mile stretch of golden, sandy beach, with gently shelving bathing waters and views of Old Harry Rocks and the Isle of Wight. It is Ideal for water sports and includes the most popular naturist beach in Britain. The heathland behind the beach is a haven for native wildlife and features all six British reptiles.
This part time role will be working 35 hours across 5 days per week, working 9am until 5pm with no split shifts.
What you'll be doing
With your passion for food and your appetite to provide an exceptional service to your customers, you’ll work with the National Trust Cookbook framework to prepare delicious food. You’ll always be looking to maximise income opportunities by minimising waste and controlling costs and resources. With your attention to detail you’ll ensure each dish is fresh, tasty and beautifully presented every time.
As a key member of our busy catering team you’ll make sure the team is working effectively to deliver great results. You may also be required, on occasions to supervise volunteers.
You’ll help the catering team ensure our kitchens are presented to the highest standard and are compliant with all relevant legislation around food hygiene and COSHH.
The National Trust ethos will always be at the forefront of your mind, and you will be proud to share our good work with our customers, you’ll look to maximise sales with new ideas so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
You'll also be involved with managing yearly events and functions and working on the beach as required.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone to join our dedicated team to exceed our customer’s expectations with the delicious food we prepare and serve.
You need to be;
- Passionate about food
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- A good team player
- Creative and proactive
- IT literate
And it will be helpful if you can demonstrate the following experience on your CV/application;
- Experience of working in a fast paced, hospitality environment
- A track record of delivering exceptional customer service
- Practical experience of delivering catering best practice
- A good working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirements including any qualifications
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking