Car Park Assistant x 2
3 days left
- Job Type
- Part Time
Do you love working with people from all ages and backgrounds? Can you provide service with a smile to hundreds of customers, every day? Come and work with a great team, in a beautiful location.
What it's like to work here
This quintessential English country house is a busy and vibrant place to be. Last year Belton House welcomed 390,000 visitors through its doors and numbers are growing fast. The 45-member team is currently half way through an ambitious 10-year plan which will transform the house’s visitor experience and open new family-friendly attractions. Belton House has opportunities across all areas so, if you are enthusiastic and committed to making this popular property the best it can be, the team would love to hear from you.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working outside, meeting and greeting our visitors, providing help and guidance on where to park. You'll help to keep the car park and surrounding area in good order, and provide a courteous and informative service to our visitors.
You’ll also be responsible for answering queries and making sure visitors can find everything they need for their visit. When interacting with our customers, you’ll inform them of the amazing work we are doing and what their money is funding, promoting local projects or promoting our cause.
As this is an outdoors role, you'll need to be comfortable working in all weather conditions.
You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth flow of traffic through the car park; guiding cars to available spaces or to overflow areas as required, ensuring cars are correctly parked, you will be working with a fantastic team of volunteers.
The role requires you to work at our busy periods which are Weekends, Bank Holidays & School Holidays (February Half Term, Easter Holidays, May Half Term, Summer Holidays, October Half Term & the Christmas holidays).
Who we're looking for
To be fantastic in this role you’ll need:
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
- A willingness to learn new skills, and a can do attitude
- Experience of working in a customer service or sales team
£7.20 ph, permanent, annualised hours contract 494 hrs per year.
This role is based on annualised hours where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year.
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Closing Date: 11 December 2016
Interview Date: Monday 19th December 2016