Fitness Manager - Tetbury
Fitness Manager - Calcot Spa
The Calcot Collection is a small privately owned company that is home to a portfolio of four acclaimed hotels. Not considering ourselves as a group, each of our hotels celebrates its own style and personality and offers a different and unique experience that is signature to their offering.
Calcot Manor is an award winning 35 bedroom country house hotel in the Cotswolds. Calcot Spa is everything you would expect from a Cotswold Spa. Quiet, calm, beautifully designed and with the uplifting spa aroma that instantly suggests relaxation. The building is lovely, the lavender-lined outdoor hot tub and open fire is inviting and of course the healthy menu is delicious – but most importantly, the spa and the team are exceptional.
We are currently looking for a Fitness Manager to join our team at Calcot Spa.
Purpose of job:
- Exceed personal training targets for the department through training and motivation of the fitness team.
- To oversee the day-to-day running of the Fitness department.
- Continually achieve swimming pool and hot tub water quality in accordance with the Normal Operating Procedures.
- Taking responsibility for Spa property management ensuring facilities are run to the highest possible standard.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Fitness Department Management
- Pool & Hot Tub Maintenance
- Management of the Studio & Fitness Programme
- Ensuring Monthly Studio & Fitness Programme Reports are completed
- Instructing regular Fitness Classes
- Providing Gym Inductions and Progress Updates for Members
- Offer Personal Training (if applicable)
- Completing daily Water Quality Tests of Pool & Hot Tub
- Staffing & Recruitment to include Induction Training for New Starters
- In-House Staff Development
- Ongoing Personal Development of Fitness Team
- Ordering and Stock Control – Small Equipment, Chemicals, Essence, Uniform, etc.
- Duty Management shifts
Knowledge, experience and skills required:
- Minimum of 4 years relevant Industry experience
- Fitness industry recognised qualifications
- Previous management experience essential to include managing a Team
- Pool plant qualification and experience
- Technical knowledge of how Spa experiences operate, e.g. Sauna, Steam Room, Hot Tub, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal & management skills
- Proven track record in personal training income
- High standard of personal appearance as role model to staff
- Strong I.T. skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Must have own transport
Training and support:
The company runs an integrated scheme designed to reach all levels under the banner of the Calcot Academy. We are committed to people development at all stages and the long service of our key staff bears witness to this.
What we offer:
- 28 days holiday per annum (inclusive of Bank Holidays).
- Uniform provided,
- Meals while on duty
- Commission on retail sales
- Discount on product purchases
- Discount on Treatments
- Free car park
- Discounts on food and stays in our properties