Sous Chef - Tetbury
Sous Chef - Calcot
The Calcot Collection is a small privately owned company that is home to a portfolio of four acclaimed hotels. Not considering ourselves as a group, each of our hotels celebrates its own style and personality and offers a different and unique experience that is signature to their offering.
Calcot Manor is a 35 bedroom hotel located near Tetbury, Cotswolds. The Conservatory restaurant in the main house is a light and spacious restaurant overlooking the Calcot grounds, and serves simple but very tasty food. The Gumstool Inn is our very own village-style pub adjacent to the main house, complete with open fire, our fireside grill, stone floors and a proper British pub food menu.
We are currently looking for a Sous Chef to join our team at The Gumstool Inn at Calcot.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Provide junior members of the kitchen team with support in training and development so that service and product delivery is consistent
- Ensure all statutory regulations are adhered to
- Ensure that all food is stored correctly, stocks rotated and temperature recorded in line with the Health and Safety regulations
- Ensure that exceptional standards of food service are delivered consistently
- Ensure that the kitchen operates effectively on a daily basis
- Maintain sufficient level of mise en place for Lunch and Dinner service.
- Ensure that staff meals are of a good wholesome and healthy standard.
- Motivate colleagues to achieve high standards of service and performance
Knowledge, experience and skills required:
The ideal candidate will possess flair and imagination, a proven track record and above all a passion for fine food. We are looking for someone with NVQ Level 3 as a minimum, CIEH Level 3, at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role and ability to work under the pressure of a busy kitchen.
Training and support:
The company runs an integrated scheme designed to reach all levels under the banner of the Calcot Academy. We are committed to people development at all stages and the long service of our key staff bears witness to this.
What we offer:
- 28 days holiday per annum (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Uniform provided
- Meals while on duty
- Paid overtime and tips
- Free car park
- Discounts on food and stays in our properties