Commis Chef - Blackpool
1 day left
- Job Type
- Full Time
We recently invited a group of local food bloggers to explore our exclusive dining concepts, take a look at their experience in this sneak peak
Genting UK is part of the Genting Group which celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2015, and has grown into a truly global business with interests spread across the world. The Group, one of Malaysia’s biggest and most respected corporations, now enjoys a market capitalisation of US$33.5 billion. With 4,500 hectares of prime resorts land in its portfolio and 35,000 employees across the world including the newly opened Resorts World Birmingham complex; the first of its kind in Europe.
Genting is one of the largest casino operators in the country with 40 casinos located from Edinburgh to Plymouth, we are highly respected and a multi-award winning business. Do you want to work for a leading worldwide brand? Then come and join us here at Genting UK!
GENTING CASINO BLACKPOOL are currently looking for TWO enthusiastic Commis Chefs to join our team of chefs at Genting Casino.
Key competencies and duties include:
- To assist in cooking and finishing specified dishes to company standard
- To prepare specified dishes under the direction of the Sous Chef or Head Chef
- To work cleanly, safely and hygienically at all times
- To check food products received and to store according to company procedure
- To comply with stock rotation procedures including strict adherence to date stamping control
- To be responsible for correct portion control, minimising wastage as appropriate
- To keep up to date own knowledge of food products, their trends and cooking methods
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested from time to time
- To comply with all Health and Safety and Hygiene regulations and Company Health and Safety policies including COSHH and food handling procedures
Ideally the successful candidate will have a passion for food, presentation and service and have some experience in a similar role. Recognised qualifications would be advantageous but not essential. This role will suit someone who is looking to learn and develop within the industry. Our vacancies include a full time 40 hour contract and part time 24 hour contract working between 3pm-3am.
To apply for this role, please click “Apply Now” below and submit your details.
As we are a casino operator all applicants must be 18 years of age or over.
Closing Date: 8th December 2016
Apply for Commis Chef - Blackpool
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly