Fitness Instructor - Work Abroad
Thomson Fitness Sports and Leisure Instructor, Summer 2017, Abroad
Joining Thomson as a Fitness, Sports and Leisure Instructor and you will help to deliver amazing holidays. You will deliver a fun but professional Fitness and Sports, or Fitness and Leisure Programme in one of our flagship International Concept Hotels.
What you will be doing
You will work in either Thomson Family Life as a Family Fitness & Sport Instructor, or Thomson Sensimar as an Adult-only Fitness & Leisure Instructor, regardless you will work as part of a positive and international team.
In our Adult-only Hotels you will plan and deliver a varied fitness programme that includes Relaxation, Strengthening, Endurance and Aqua Classes. The programme includes Yoga, Back fit, Flexi-Bar™& Step Aerobics. You will offer 121 and group briefings on the sports and gym equipment. As part of the wider Sensimar Team you may support daytime activities & experiences, and by night you will be supporting the delivery of the low-key evening entertainment.
In our Family Hotels you will plan and deliver the Fitness and Sport activities programme for all the family. You will deliver and coach Les Mills classes whilst offering a varied fitness programme for all levels, nationalities and ages. Sport activities include ball and water sports, water gymnastic as well as getting involved in the family activity programme. You will also be an instructor and lead Les Mills classes BODYBALANCE®, BODYVIVE®, CXWORX®. As part of the wider Family Life Team you will also be joining and supporting any team events such as Character Parade and Team Night.
In addition to your main job role, you will solve problems to help all of our guests ‘Discover their smile’. In addition to your main job role, you will solve problems to help all of our guests ‘Discover their smile’. You will be responsible for Health and Safety and ensuring equipment is maintained to the highest standard.
What are we looking for:
- Willing to work in any of our Holiday Destinations and attend training in March or April
- Resilient and able to cope with long and varied working hours
- Fluent English additional languages advantageous
In Family Life:
- Fitness & Sports knowledge and delivery
- Able to swim with a good level of fitness and attitude to health and fitness
- Experience of working with families, children and teenagers
- BODYBALANCE®, BODYVIVE® or CXWORX® advantageous – training provided
- Experienced in organising and performing diverse fitness classes
- Exercise to Music Qualification or equivalent
- Aqua basic instructor or water based exercise
- Yoga, barbell training, ZUMBA®, Flexi-Bar™ advantageous
Working within TUI group
TUI Destination Services is part of TUI Group, the world’s number one tourism business operating in 180 countries worldwide. Our 77,000 colleagues work hard to deliver our customer promise ‘Discover your smile’
Help us to Create Smiles and in return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits including return flights and accommodation. You will have the opportunity to learn language skills and build an international career as part of our exciting multi-cultural team