Night Manager - London
Night Manager - The Langham, London
We are currently seeking to recruit a true hospitality professional, with the flair to deliver service at the highest level, in the position of a Night Manager. The key function of the role is to assist and co-manage the operations of Front Office department during the Night shift.
You will supervise the Night’s team, oversee the night audit procedure, deal with any early departures and late guest arrivals to the hotel, and carry out book-out procedure if required. The Night Manager needs to ensure that the public areas look tidy at all times and inspection trips throughout the Hotel are carried out during the night. You would need to ensure that doors are locked, fire exits are not obstructed, and action immediately on suspicious persons, luggage or any emergency situations.
The Langham, London offers a wide range of benefits which include: uniform, meals on duty, holidays, and free accommodation at other Langham Hotels, pension plan, colleague recognition system, learning and development opportunities and many more.
The Langham London, London’s Original Grand Hotel and flagship of the international Langham Hospitality Group comprises 378 luxury bedrooms and suites, the acclaimed Roux at The Landau and Palm Court restaurants, the Artesian Bar, extensive Meeting & Events facilities and Europe’s first Chuan Spa. The team at the hotel prides itself on creating enchanting encounters for our guests and we’ve been doing so since 1865.
Key requirements for the role are as follows:
- Previous experience of working in a Front Office or Nights role within a similar environment is essential
- Excellent customer services skills
- Great communication skills and command of English language. Fluency in one or more other languages (Mandarin, Arabic, French, Russian, Japanese or Spanish) is an advantage.
- Immaculate personal presentation
- Previous experience of Opera/Fidelio front office management systems is an advantage
- Previous experience of supervising or leading teams
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to deal with challenging situations