Maintenance Assistant - East Sussex
Ashdown Park Hotel, East Sussex is now recruiting for a Maintenance Assistant to join our Maintenance Team.
Ashdown Park Hotel and Country Club is a stunning grade two listed 106 bedroom country house set in 186 acres of beautiful grounds on the edge of the Ashdown Forest. An award winning 4 Red Star Hotel, fine dining 2 AA Rosette Restaurant and fully equipped Country Club and Spa, we offer our guests a complete experience.
Elite Hotels is continually investing in Ashdown Park Hotel with an extensive refurbishment and redevelopment programme and we work hard to keep our Hotel looking fantastic. The Maintenance Team are therefore an integral role, supporting the hotel on a daily basis.
Maintenance Assistant Overview:
As Maintenance Assistant you will assist the Head of Department in day to day duties, working in all areas of the Hotel. This will consist of repairs in bedrooms and public areas as well as larger scale refurbishment projects. The workload is varied and interesting and there is the possibility of training and qualifying in Electrical Installations.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to show a previous track record in general site maintenance, repair work and planned preventative maintenance. You will be flexible, resourceful and confident with working in a team environment. Polite and professional, you will posses the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail. You will have a good command of the English Language and experience in a similar environment would be an advantage.
As an Investor In People accredited employer, Elite Hotels offer a wide range of benefits to our employees ensuring they are happy and well rewarded. Along with excellent training, development and progression opportunities some of the other benefits successful candidates would enjoy include:
- At Elite Hotels, we offer fantastic Company discounts and reduced rates for employees and family members across all four of our stunning hotels in beautiful locations
- You will earn a share in the Company Gratuities scheme which is performance driven by you and your colleagues
- We have an Employee Assistance programme managed by Hospitality Action to help you navigate through life's difficulties
- We operate a childcare voucher scheme offering tax and NI relief when paying a registered childcare provider
- Our reward and recognition scheme (GEM's - see more information on our careers website) has been highly praised during our Investors in People accreditation
- Free meals on duty compliments of the Chef
- Quality uniforms provided and dry cleaned
- Company personal contributory pension scheme
- Free car parking
- Staff Christmas Party