Commercial Director - Kent
Amazing Commercial Director opportunity for Leisure/Resort Business in Kent £70k plus package
We are recruiting an experienced Commercial Director to head up the commercial arm of the organisation and to act as number 2 to the MD.
The key purpose of the role is to provide commercial direction to the commercial departments of the business ensuring that all departments achieve budgeted profit.
You will focus on Short Breaks, Retail and Catering.
This post requires a senior level business professional with strong financial acumen and significant experience in a commercial role.
You will take responsibility for managing your department’s accounts, profit and loss control and provision of financial reports and forecasting to keep the business on track to achieve maximum profits through excellent financial controls and sourcing new business opportunities.
You will develop and implement business development strategies, this includes identifying new opportunities, developing new client relationships and creating business proposals. Responsible for the planning and executing of both short and long term revenue deriving strategies of the organization you will be required to successfully handle both short and long-term commercial ventures, working closely with the Head of Marketing and PR and the Management Accountant.
We are currently developing and extending the short break accommodation options and you will be required to act as project manager ensuring that various projects are completed within agreed deadlines, within budget and to an extremely high standard.
- 5 to 10 years' experience of successful commercial management in the Food and Beverage/Hotel/Leisure/Resort/Retail sectors
- Demonstrable management experience developing commercial strategy
- Strong financial acumen and a proven track record of maximising profits whist maintaining quality.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with customers, partners, suppliers and staff.
- Computer literate and able to oversee a number of different projects at different stages of development.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Able to inspire and motivate people to drive the business forward and achieve your goals.
- Strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
Working hours are 40 hours a week worked over five days including weekends.
All applicants should hold a valid driving licence and have own vehicle to travel as needed.