Reception Manager - London
Reception Manager - The Ned, New Opening
Reporting to: Spa Head of Sales
Role Based: The Ned, Poultry, London
We are now recruiting for our new hotel that is one of the most exciting upcoming openings by Soho House & Co and Sydell Group.
Who We Are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA and Europe. In addition, we also have exciting new openings planned around the globe including Japan, China and India.
Located on Poultry Street, this new hotel is one of the most exciting upcoming openings by Soho House & Co. The new project is a joint venture with Sydell group, a US hotel developer. We’re developing a Grade I listed building in the heart of the City to become a destination hotel with over 250 bedrooms. The hotel will have a gym, Cowshed spa as well as 9 restaurants, bars and extensive event spaces. There will also be member’s facilities, where members can enjoy the rooftop pool or in the member’s club.
The Reception Manager is responsible for driving the revenue of all business centres in the spa through effective scheduling, yield management and sales.
Provides support to the Spa Director as a Duty Manager and oversees the personnel management of the Spa Reception Team.
- Maximise sales by driving up selling and cross sales by the Reception Team.
- Play an active role in creating new initiatives in retail/booking incentives and cross selling promotions.
- Drive up selling of spa promotions whilst ensuring uptake is recorded.
- Responsible for maintaining an effective retail stock control system including monthly inventory and placing orders to par level. Monitor theft activity as part of this process.
- Be a constant presence at the spa reception taking regular walk rounds of all spa areas, ensuring interaction with guests and members.
- Lead by example by providing a warm welcome to clientele whilst striving to provide outstanding service.
- Ensure the team follow the customer journey standards and that a seamless experience with wow touch points along the way.
- Deal with any client complaints promptly and effectively, ensuring client satisfaction and revenue is not jeopardised.
- Ensure Spa Receptionists regularly record guest preferences, accurately updating guest profiles.
- Ensure the facility is adequately manned at all times. Oversee the smooth running of all business centres in the spa.
- Complete opening procedures and check lists per relevant area on a daily basis, reporting any housekeeping or maintenance issues to the relevant department and ensuring prompt resolution.
- Attend hotel morning meetings, taking up to date revenue figures from the spa, communicating the day’s business, guests and any relevant activities to other department heads.
- Carry out daily briefings with the entire spa team, communicating guest information, hotel news and revenue targets.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining staff rosters for Spa Receptionists according to business demands, ensuring adequate cover at all times.
- Maintain staff moral and council/motivate where necessary.
- Record, report and always attempt to resolve grievances as quickly as possible.
- Responsible for the recruitment, induction, training, development, performance appraisals and discipline of all Spa Receptionists, under the supervision of and in communication with Head of Sales.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Current / previous experience as a supervisor in a busy high-end environment managing a strong team of receptionists
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Proven track record on achieving targets
- Great customer service skills
- To consistently deliver the very highest of standards to ensure every guest has an experience that exceeds their expectation
- Must have the ability to lead, multi-task, and make sound decisions in fast-paced environment;
- IT skills including experience of spa soft systems including configuration and set up
- Have strong organisational and administration skills with close attention to detail
- Experience of representing a spa as a Duty Manager
Desirable Skills / Experience/ Qualification:
- Opening experience
- Food and Beverage Experience
- First Aid Qualification
- Life Guard Qualification
- Pool Plant Trained
- Management/ Sales of Hair salon
- Management /Sales of Fitness Department
- Trained in Cowshed, Cheeky or Neville’s Brands
- One of the most competitive salaries in the industry.
- 28 paid holidays per annum inclusive of bank holidays
- Salary exchange schemes, such as childcare vouchers and cycle-to work scheme
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Annual staff events
- Discounted rates at The Ned
- Fantastic career growth opportunities.
Only those eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the above position