Casual Gymnastics Assistant
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Bolton Community Leisure Trust is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can do attitude is key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
Managed by Serco, Westhougton Community Leisure Centre is recruiting a Casual Gymnastic Assistant. Some of the benefits of working at Westhougton Community Leisure Centre are:
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* Membership of all leisure centres within the Trust (includes immediate family - worth up to £432 per adult per year)
* Development / Training Opportunities; NPLQ, Swimming Instructing, First Aid/Defibrillation training, various Level 2/3 NVQ`s and National Governing Body qualifications
* Serco optional benefits - preferential rates on family healthcare, childcare vouchers, discount card, work and life support, cycle to work scheme.
Reporting to the Duty Manager, the Casual Gymnastics Assistant will be required to work various shift patterns during the Leisure Centre opening times (Mon-Fri 6.30am-10pm, Sat 8am-6pm and Sun 8am-10pm). The key element of the Casual Gymnastics Assistants role is to deliver sports specific coaching sessions to participants of all ages and to assist in delivering a structured gymnastic program.
* Assist the Head Gymnastics coach to help further develop the Gymnastic Program.
* Assist in the communication and promotion of the centre's services.
* Establish and maintain good relationships with clients, ensuring clients are keep up to date, informed, welcomed and valued.
* Ensure the equipment is in a safe, working condition at all times and to maintain a high level of cleanliness across all areas of the facility
* Assist in the set up/downs of equipment prior and after each session
* Delivering high quality, safe, fun and structured recreational gymnastic classes to children aged 4+
* Keeping registers up to date and accurate.
* Ensuring gymnast`s progression is up to date in progress booklets, online reports and awards.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* NGB Level 1 (or equivalent) qualified.
* Basic first aid for sports coaches (or equivalent) trained or a willingness to undertake this training before commencing activity.
* Previous experience of coaching a variety of different age groups and abilities.
* Previous experience of delivering in a variety of settings including sports clubs and leisure centres.
* Knowledge of the delivery of sport.
In line with Serco Leisure`s policy, all employees will have an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service).
If you have the essential skills, experience and required qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.