Leisure Receptionist - Maidstone
Leisure Receptionist - Village Hotel Leisure Club Maidstone
Reporting to: Leisure Ops Manager
Direct reports: None
Only read on if;
you’re passionate about the Leisure industry and great customer service
want to inspire and drive a team to really excel and deliver fantastic service and a key profit stream within our business
by ……………ensuring a memorable experience for every guest, every time!
We’re no ordinary hotel business. VILLAGE hotels, is a unique concept. Ours is a design-led, inspirational and multi-faceted product, attractive to a diverse customer base where locals are as valued as corporate and leisure guests and we strive to consistently deliver “more than” to our guests.
Work out, max out, chill out…that’s what we encourage at VILLAGE. It’s about a way of life where VILLAGE health and fitness offers a unique fitness experience which stands out from the rest. It’s not a typical hotel gym that’s quiet, airy, lifeless and formal, where people feel intimidated or embarrassed. Members come from the local community and business sectors to spend their leisure time working out and enjoying the many benefits of being a member at VILLAGE.
VILLAGE health and fitness has a very modern feel with over 70 pieces state of the art equipment, a minimum of 20 metre pool, extensive classes, personal training, kinesis walls, retail shops and generous leisure and hotel discounts, all rolled into what we call “Real Results”, our amazing members programme allowing members to get the very most out of there membership.
Your role is to You‘ll be the first person to offer a warm and friendly welcome to all members and guests on arrival at the Leisure Club or by telephone. Ensure the efficient operation of the Leisure Reception Desk, taking bookings, resolving queries and providing the highest standards of service for members and guests.
You achieve this by getting to know the customers and help them to make the most of the range of services on offer, so that they leave always looking forward to the next visit.
- People – Liaise closely with the Leisure Club Sales Team and colleagues in order to sell the product and experience effectively. Deal with complaints/ problems politely and make every effort to resolve these.
- Presentation and standards – The Leisure Club Reception should always comply with standard operating procedures and equipment should be maintained and any defaults reported. The Leisure Reception area should be clean at all times and ready to welcome existing members and potential new members. Your personal presentation must be impeccable at all times.
- A Great Customer Experience – ensure only leisure club members and their guests enter the club. Record all booking details and ensure the expectations of the members are met at every opportunity deliver great service so that our people, products and service are memorable as we build our reputation as the Leading Leisure Club.
- Product knowledge – be aware of all promotional activates to ensure they are correctly implemented. Deal with enquiries in a prompt professional manner. Offer advice on products and explain facilities e.g. opening times. Assist with special promotions and provide visual displays as required. Product knowledge includes the whole Hotel, not just the Leisure Club.
- – report any defects on equipment to maintenance department and ensure communication with the Leisure Club team is clear to be passed onto leisure club members. Attend team meetings when required. Feed back Members comments productively and constructively where necessary.
- Leisure Club Performance – demonstrate detailed product knowledge taking every opportunity to up sell and translate into retail sales. Deliver results in line with team members non-negotiables. Further, add value to overall hotel performance through teamwork.
- – checking the Reception area on a regular basis to ensure compliance with company and hotel standards in line with SOP’s and KPI’s
- – be fully aware of all promotional activities to ensure they are correctly implemented and action. Ensure only bona fide members and guests gain entry to the leisure club.
- Great Service – assist members and prospective members in a friendly, courteous and professional manner. Record booking details for all facilities clearly and accurately, taking opportunity to promote new activities. Deal with complaints / problems politely and make every effort to resolve these.
- Statutory compliance – Support all members of the team to achieve and maintain standards to the highest possible level in respect of service and Health & Safety obligations and Licensing Laws. Be aware of and operate the hotel cash handling, security and emergency procedures. Fully adhere to the cash handling and security procedures and systems.
- Experience within a customer facing environment.
- Results driven, with a sense of urgency about achieving objectives and a problem solving approach
- Personality - customer facing presence, rapport builder. Calm and assured under pressure.
- Can communicate ideas and facts honestly, clearly and persuasively.
- Ability to use tact and discretion.
- Understands the need for confidentiality.
- Smart professional appearance.
- Basic IT Skills
- ‘No problem’ mentality
We are currently recruiting for a part time receptionist to Join our team at Village Hotel Leisure Club Maidstone.
Apply for Leisure Receptionist - Maidstone
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly