Commis Chef - London
We are currently recruiting for a Commis Chef to join our highly successful team here at Village The Hotel Club London Watford. Based in modern and contemporary surroundings you will be required to contribute to the hotels success. You should have a warm, personable nature, can do attitude and eye for details.
You will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed. In return we will offer you second to none career opportunities.
Why choose us?
We work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing hospitality constantly. If you are truly passionate about a career in hotels then we want to hear from you. As an expanding company with new hotels in the pipeline and a commitment to grow our future General Managers from within we are in a unique position to offer fantastic career progression backed up by training and development at every step of the way
To be successful in your application for this position:
The Commis Chef role involves taking responsibility for/or working within the Kitchen within the hotel.
- Adhere to prescribed standards and maintain a workload rate that is sufficient to ensure the efficient running of the kitchen operation and the avoidance of interruptions to service.
- Adhere strictly to Food Hygiene Regulations e.g. temperature records completed correctly, colour-coded chopping boards, raw/cooked food segregation, hand-washing etc.
- On request by the Head Chef, take in food deliveries and ensure everything is in appropriate packaging and all items are checked and temperature at time of delivery is recorded.
- Food items are stored correctly and stocks rotated and temperature recorded.
- Food items are handled, cooked and served correctly.
- Assist other chefs in their section on request.
- Communicate clearly within the kitchen operation and with Restaurant/pub/banqueting staff.
- Report all faults or damaged equipment to the Head Chef/Sous Chef in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Have knowledge of and follow Company and statutory Health & Safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Have knowledge of temperature record keeping.
- Support all members of the team to achieve and maintain operational standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene and Health & Safety, and ensure that there is minimal wastage.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of current food hygiene regulations
- Level 2 in Food Safety Catering
- Standards orientated with an eye for detail.
- Good basic education
- Team player with a willingness to learn
- Requires minimum supervision
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who strive to exceed expectations and deliver excellence in everything that they do.
As a member of our team we engage with you; give you practical training, development and progression within a unique and expanding company, working under a highly experienced Head Chef in modern surroundings. You will be expected to service our Pub/Restaurant and Banqueting events from this fast paced kitchen.
What benefits will I receive while working for Village Hotel Club?
- Training and Development opportunities through our P&D Programmes
- Discounted accommodation rates for staff members and reduced rate for friends and family
- Food Discount - 50% off total lunch or dinner bills when staying in one of our hotels
- Flexible working hours
- Gym membership
- And many more……