Dance & Fitness instructors (with some receptionist duties)
THE MAQAM CENTRE
VACANCY: Dance & Fitness instructors (with some receptionist duties)
Salary £18,000 - £24,000 DOE pro rata, working approximately 20 hours per week
Situated in Queen’s Park in the borough of Brent, our well-established charity, the Yusuf Islam Foundation, is opening a fitness & wellbeing community space that promises to be a landmark addition to London’s multi-cultural landscape.
The facilities are brand new, built to a high standard and include a swimming pool, fitness suite for classes and sauna and steam rooms. A cafe and multipurpose room also complement the ground floor facilities.
We are currently looking for part time fitness instructors from different disciplines such as fitness, martial arts, dance, yoga, pilates, kick boxing, swimming, etc. This role will suit an existing instructor who is a team player with a varied skill set and is looking for some solid hours. Your main responsibility will be giving classes to our members but there will also be some front of house reception duties. Successful candidates must be flexible as the working hours are varied and include some weekends.
We are also interested in local freelance instructors who have their own students and are looking to rent a fitness suite per hour to give their classes.
Duties will include
- Delivering a range of classes for Maqam Centre customers
- Ensuring that we offer a warm and professional service to all our members.
- Being the first point of contact for phone, email and in person inquiries when not giving classes.
- Support the smooth running of the centre through member and team interaction and by ensuring a safe and efficient service is provided
Your skills will include
- Professional Teaching Qualification in Dance, Fitness or Martial Arts and or other relevant fitness qualification
- Previous group instructing experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Great team player and problem solver with enthusiasm, energy and passion.
- IT literate
- Ability to manage payments, a cash drawer and handle basic accounting
The successful candidates will start in January 2016 and be subject to a DBS clearance check. Applicants need not to be of the Muslim faith, but must respect the Islamic ethos of the centre.
Please send a CV and cover letter. We will do our best to respond to every applicant.