Sous Chef - London
Sous Chef - The Ned, New Opening
Reporting to: Executive Chef
Role Based: The Ned, Poultry Street, London
We are now recruiting for our new hotel that is one of the most exciting upcoming openings by Soho House & Co and Sydell Group.
Originally a bank, the Grade-1 listed building has been developed and restored to hold 252 hotel bedrooms, twelve restaurants and bars, a member’s club, a gym, Cowshed spa and two swimming pools, as well as six dedicated event spaces.
Restaurants at The Ned
Eight public restaurants in the former Grand Banking Hall serve food that spans the globe, from Britain to Northern Italy, North America to China.
The offering includes a Cecconi’s City of London, sister restaurant to the Cecconi’s in Mayfair, Berlin, Istanbul, Miami Beach and West Hollywood. Cecconi’s City of London will serve handmade pasta, pizza, seafood and and Italian inspired dishes.
There’s a further restaurant and two bars up in Ned’s Club Upstairs, as well as a bar in the bank’s original vault.
We are looking for sous chefs for our individual restaurant concepts. As sous chefs, you will have exceptional cooking skills and passionate about food. You will have high standards and an impeccable eye for detail.
What are we looking for:
To successfully fulfil this role, you will have current experience and track record as a sous chef in an established kitchen. You will also have:
- Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Excellent food knowledge
- Pro-active and reliable.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Motivational and creates team spirit
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and work on your own initiative, calmly and when under pressure
- Brilliant leadership skills with focus on team’s development, training and progression
- Responsible for putting food specs together with the head chefs for training purposes and consistency
- Work alongside the head chef with creating menus and controlling costs in the department.
- Responsible for the hygiene and safety standards in the kitchen
- Excellent guest service skills with a background of exceeding and maintaining the guests’ expectations
- To consistently deliver the very highest of standards to ensure the department and hotel is represented accordingly
- Must have the ability to lead, multi-task, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment;
- One of the most competitive salaries in the industry.
- 28 paid holidays per annum inclusive of bank holidays
- Salary exchange schemes, such as childcare vouchers and cycle-to work scheme
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Annual staff events
- Discounted rates at The Ned
- Fantastic career growth opportunities.
Only those eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the above position