Food & Beverage Assistant - Brighton
The Old Ship Hotel, Brighton
The Old Ship Hotel Brighton is the oldest hotel in Britain today dating back to 1559. It is a historic Georgian hotel standing proudly on Brighton's seafront in one of Brighton's most impressive venues. This picturesque hotel enjoys a sublime location just a short walk from the beach, pier and the city's fine pubs, restaurants and shops.
Its beautifully distinctive white facade leads into a modern welcoming lounge area and 154 en suite bedrooms.
Because of its fine location and close proximity to all of Brighton's main tourist and commercial sites the Old Ship Hotel is a great choice for guests of business or leisure. Brighton is well known for its conferences, situated just a short walk away from the Brighton Centre and just a 5 minute walk from Brighton Pier, The Lanes and the city’s bars and restaurants.
What is the job all about?
- Ensuring excellent & professional guest service is consistently provided at all times.
- Ensuring that health and safety & all procedures are adhered to.
- Undertaking general waiting & service duties of food & beverages.
- Communicating & liaising with team members, kitchen & other areas of the operation.
- Following hygienic food & beverage handling procedures.
- Providing general assistance with cleaning in function areas, as directed.
- Adhering to Responsible Service of Alcohol legislation.
- Any other duties as directed within the scope of job holder's skills & capabilities.
- Ability to work in a team based environment.
- Ability to work a flexible rota including evening & weekend work where required.
- Being aware and understanding all relevant company guidelines & policies.
- To undertake other duties as required and outlined by the Food & Beverage Manager and Supervisor.