Junior Sous Chef - London
4 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
POLPO is seeking a Junior Sous Chef to join the team at POLPO at Ape & Bird.
When POLPO first opened in London, this is what people said about it:
“One of the most exciting eateries to open in London” – Richard Vines, Bloomberg
“It is inspiring when done this well” – Rose Prince, Daily Telegraph
“POLPO is the hottest table in town” – Marina O’Loughlin, Metro
Polpo is a bàcaro. This is a Venetian word to describe a humble restaurant serving simple food and good, young local wines within a modest setting, exposed brickwork, tin ceilings and copper bars.
POLPO Ltd operates some of the most talked about restaurants, under the leadership of BBC2’s ‘Restaurant Man’ Russell Norman. POLPO Soho opened in October 2009 to immediate acclaim and we now have ten restaurants across London, Brighton & Bristol. POLPO has also received the Michelin Guide’s Bib Gourmand for the last six consecutive years.
As Junior Sous Chef you will be responsible for supporting the running of the kitchen with the Head Chef & Sous Chef and ensuring that the back of house team are able to deliver consistent and excellent food throughout lunch and dinner service.
To be successful in this role you will need to have previous experience in a senior CDP/ junior sous chef role. You will be passionate about the industry with an ability to channel this enthusiasm into your team, developing the business through your experience and knowledge. Ideally you will have good knowledge of Italian cuisine.
In addition to these skills you will need:
- A minimum of a years’ experience in a a similar role
- To support the head chef & sous chef to manage and develop you and your team
- Experience in managing a kitchen
- Excellent organisational skills in terms of food safety and health & safety
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent command of English plus valid passport & visa
In return, we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive & ongoing training
- Career progression
- Up to 28 days paid holiday per year
- A generous staff discount on the whole bill when dining in one of our restaurants
- Staff meals provided daily
- Staff parties
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
There is lots of room for career growth in this young and dynamic company so if you think you have what it takes to join our team, please apply.
Apply for Junior Sous Chef - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly