Sous Chef - Inverness
Reporting to: Head Chef
Rocpool Reserve, a five star, two AA Rosette hotel which has built an excellent reputation for dining is seeking a Sous Chef to help lead the busy kitchen department in the Chez Roux Restaurant.
Responsible for: Managing the day to day operation of the kitchen according to Company Guidelines.
- Managing the day to day operation of a Section according to Company Guidelines and covering head chefs days off and holidays
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and upheld all company standards
- Assume responsibility and smooth running of the section
- Use all Company systems and procedures to ensure shift are run smoothly
- Produce food to the highest standards and nothing less
- Check all food in section before service and report of any shortages or poor quality
- Ensure team work with other members of staffs
- Follow the Roux recipe Guideline
- Be able to judge ability of lower member of staff and train
- Ensure all Training needs and directives from Senior Managers are carried out
- Ensures other team members working in the section are used to their full potential and are encouraged to do several things at the same time
- Report to duty manager for orderings
- Report any shortages or poor quality of product on delivery
- Ensure good rotation of stock
- Carries out any requests (or ensures their completion through the team) from senior management with the professionalism expected and within the time required
- Ensure all food items are presented, prepared and served to Chez Roux/Head chef expectation
- Check production left by other and report to head chef if necessary
- Maintains high cleanliness standards
- Ensure all production is properly labelled and stored
- Ensures strict adherence to all Health and Safety Issues and other relevant Legal legislation and requirements
- Ensure relevant uniforms and appearance is kept to a high standard
- Inform the Head chef responsible for the repair and maintenance of all necessary equipment
Position offered is dependent on previous working experiences.
The General Manager or Consultancy may assign duties not specified in this job description.
Sous Chef - Inverness