Chef - London
Bounce is a ground-breaking social entertainment concept with two London venues situated in Farringdon and Old Street. Each beautifully designed venue features 17 ping pong tables (including the London 2012 Olympic final table), an open counter restaurant with a modern European inspired menu, and a stunning full cocktail bar that takes centre stage.
With two highly successful London venues and enormous plans for global growth, Bounce are recruiting chef de parties to join the success story!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare, cook and present food, quickly and efficiently and consistently
- To show your deep understanding of the extensive food menus to ensure that you exceed expectations on delivery
- To prepare the kitchen for service following the established standards checklists for your role and as directed by the Head Chef; make sure that everything is on point before service starts
- To communicate with the Head Chef regarding any problems or issues with equipment or stock
- To complete all storage, stock rotation and check and store deliveries within the given time.
- To maintain correct stock levels and minimise wastage of any sort
- To ensure that a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained by following cleaning schedules and ongoing diligence during the shift
- To attend training sessions and team meetings as required and to be involved and contribute to these
- Amazing at working under pressure as part of a team, in a high volume, open kitchen environment
- Ability to work independently, planning and organising the section each day
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to produce menu items in the time required and consistently to the specifications provided; often working on multiple checks at the same time
- Three years’ experience in a high volume restaurant: a clear understanding of the hospitality sector, good knife skills, interest and knowledge of flavour and food products
- A good standard of spoken English and the ability to accurately follow instructions
- Good knowledge on food and produce
- Ability to create original recipes ideas
- A unique skill or talent with a love of exhibitionism
- Excellent rates of pay
- Shift meals
- An amazing team of colleagues
- Provision of chef whites and shoes