Night Auditor - Surrey
2 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Receptionist - Surrey
Salary - Competitive plus company benefits
Hours – Full Time
Who we are
The fabulous Brooklands Hotel has been opened since 2010 and is a modern sleek style Art Deco inspired building with bedrooms and conference suites offering state of the art facilities located on the site of the historic Brooklands race track. The 2 AA Rosette 1907 restaurant bar and grill and bar are contemporary with the highest quality throughout delivering a great experience for our guests. The hotel offers a luxurious spa and is the upper end of the four star category and appeals to both the local corporate and leisure guests. Being part of the Brooklands Team you will be given a good understanding of our brand vision, which, along with the rest of the team, you will ‘make it happen’ through our values and behaviours for each other, our guests and owners.
The standards that Brooklands offer are of a level that our clients would expect to find among the very best city centre hotels and that has helped us achieve great feedback from our guests and also position 8 in the Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for, for our team. And this is where we need you…… come and be a part of a great team here at Brooklands.
What we look for
We are looking for someone with hotel experience ideally, who has a positive friendly nature, with good organisation and time management skills. Strong communication and customer focused with attention to detail, ability to work to deadlines, committed and focused a great team player that can live our ‘Make it Happen’ ethos.
- To ensure security checks are done in the internal and external parts of the hotel.
- Meet and greet in a warm and friendly manner , interact with the guests in a professional and courteous manner which reflects high level of hospitality and personal service
- To maintain excellent working relationships and communication with colleagues in the Night team and other departments in the hotel.
- To ensure a smooth night operation.
- To ensure that the front desk operates effectively and the appearance of the reception creates a professional impression to guests and employees.
- To oversee night cleaning member of the team
- Check in and check out hotel guests
- To serve drinks and food out of hours
- To create a team environment which, promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the hotel.
- Work flexibly and lead by example
- Understand your role and responsibilities in the event of an emergency.
- To have excellent personal presentation and adhere to the hotel standards of appearance at all times.
- To have a good knowledge about the area and the environment.
- To conduct the handover briefings between shifts and ensure all necessary information is handed to the next shift in order to maintain a smooth operation.
- To be present at all times to assist fellow colleagues with any problems which might occur.
- Liaise between all departments to ensure guest experiences a high level of hospitality and to ensure their needs are met.
- Understand your role and responsibilities in terms of hotel health& safety policy.
- Ensure telephones are answered in a prompt and professional manner to maximize business.
- To ensure that all bills are sent to guest bedrooms with an express check out envelope.
- To ensure wake-up calls are in the system to be delivered at the requested times.
- To ensure that the guest experience a memorable stay.
- To ensure the guest details / history are accurately maintained by which individual needs are recognized and adds value to the guest experience.
- To take a responsible approach towards time keeping and attendance at work to ensure the department runs efficiently at all times.
- To ensure security procedures regarding guest valuables, departmental keys and floats are strictly adhered to at all times.
- To directly co-ordinate the activities of the front desk and hotel thus ensuring high standards of cleanliness and service are maintained throughout in order to reflect our hotel image at all times.
- To be fully conversant with hotel policy on Fire & Evacuation, Security procedures and Health & Safety policy.
- To ensure guests requests are always accommodated and followed up ( Wake up calls, Newspaper, Taxi bookings etc)
- Participate in guest activities that promote the hotel product and its services.
- To check the opening house count and establish rate to be quoted during the day with the reservations manager and the senior guest services executive.
- To create and take advantage of sales opportunities in order to maximize hotel revenue.
- To count the inventory in the safe and ensure it is handed to the next shift.
- To be fully aware of the hotel facilities and promote them whenever possible.
- To be aware of all necessary front of house controls to ensure revenue is accurately posted and collected.
- To maintain a high level of awareness of local competitors and trends.
- To follow cash handling, PDQ and credit procedures and deal with any discrepancies.
- To accurately post charges to guests accounts on the system.
- To be responsible for the night banking.
- To review credit report and take appropriate action to resolve all problems
Apply for Night Auditor - Surrey
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly