Dryside Activity Leader (casual) x 26
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Serco Leisure is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive can-do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
Holme Pierrepont Country Park is home to the National Water Sports Centre in Nottinghamshire NG12 2LU, one of the UK`s premier sporting venues and outdoor leisure attractions. Situated just 10 minutes away from Nottingham city centre, yet feels a world away, Holme Pierrepont Country Park is set in 270 acres of beautiful parkland.
We are currently recruiting for 26 x Dry side Activity Leaders to work on an as and when basis. This will be covering shifts from Monday- Sunday.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
* To deliver a variety of activity sessions within the Outdoor Adventure Zone (Sky Trail, E-Combat, Mini Golf, Segway, Climbing Wall, Human Table Football, Orienteering).
* Responsible for checking the equipment required for each of the activity sessions.
* Responsible for ensuring customer safety.
* Responsible for delivering prepared safety brief and session in accordance with the code of practice.
* To check activity area for debris and rubbish and to assist to keep the site clean and tidy.
* Hold qualifications in GCSE Maths and English level C or above or equivalent is essential.
* Experience of working in an Outdoor Sports Activities role is essential.
* Working knowledge of IT systems/PC literate is essential.
* Hold a First Aid Qualification is essential.
* Excellent communication and customer service skills is essential.
* Hold a Skytrail and Skytykes qualification is desirable.
If you have the essential skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV in a word or PDF format.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.